Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GoPro HERO 6 Black - MULTIPLE ISSUES

@peterkilleen

As far as time, I really don't pay much attention to this so I don't have any advice or insight for you. Hopefully someone else can chime in with an explanation.

Highlighted
Hiker

@danielr15

Do you have a HERO 6 BLACK also? If so, can you do a test with your camera by shooting a short video or taking a photo and then viewing this in my media on the gopro app and see what date is recorded. In the evening would be better to assure it shows the next day should your camera do the same....

I'm not sure of where you are in the world you see :)

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for the insight and comparisons @danielr15. It seems you're really into your GoPros. I could only ever imagine having 1 baring in mind  the cost. I bought mine for my recent snowboard trip and got some good footage, only 5 min clips at a time, its only upon using the camera recently that I had all these strange issues... now only thing I'm seeing is this time offset issue. Need to do further testing to ensure the recording issues I was having mentioned at the start of this post are still there.

to me it appears to be more of software issues, but i have done the manual update and on V2.01 and as you said, most issues have been fixed via software updates.

I have a trip to Ayers Rock next week and so really wanted the camera working optimally then, I shall use that time to really test it out and see if any more issues persist. Just pretty disappointed that GoPro don't offer a free post return label for Australia. :(

Highlighted
Hiker

Guys, just thought I'd add... This is the micro SD card I am using. Is this a good acceptable one? It has done several recordings perfectly fine so I can't imagine any issues with it. I did see a post somewhere else where someone stated this one worked without any issues...

I see it got a YES for compatability with the HERO 7 BLACK, but I don't see it listed for the older cameras.

Let me know your thoughts :)

Capture.JPG
Highlighted
Explorer

It "should" be fine, but your camera is only rated for up to 128GB.

Have fun on your trip!
Highlighted
Hiker

@danielr15

Where have you got the information from that the HERO 6 BLACK is only rated to 128GB? When I purchased the camera i read that it accepts up to 256GB, this is why I went as big as it said I could to save as much footage as possible on one card.

i attach a screenshot of the manual which also states the same. But would be good to know where you have acquired the info regarding 128GB.

thanks,

Peter

2E2286E7-88CB-4995-AB66-F0E4C47A2D9D.png
Highlighted
Explorer

My bad, I was looking at HERO5 manual. I had it pulled up to reference for another post.
Highlighted
Hiker

@danielr15

no worries. So does that mean my microSD card is compatible with the camera? I find it strange that only certain models are recommended, even when others have high enough specs. Have GoPro determined why this is?