Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro HERO 6 Black - MULTIPLE ISSUES

Highlighted
Explorer

The list is just cards that have been extensively tested by GoPro. It's not the end all be all list. However, by using a card on the list, you have a reduced chance of SD card error/issues. That being said, SD cards, even when on the recommended list, can also have manufacturing issues. No two cards are exactly alike. Before using a card on an important shoot, it's best to test it out with various settings and fill the storage completely. Once done, format the card in the camera. Periodically, do a FULL format in your computer followed by another format in the camera.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Another Test Update:

interesting things happened today. I left the GoPro plugged in and recording all today, it recorded without interruption for 9 hours and 12 minutes straight... but of course, not without problems!!! 16 hilights were randomly added without human input, also towards the end of the recording and when I got home and looked at the camera screen, i saw it showing no image just a dull flickering white, and upon stopping the recording and viewing it on my phone, the last image thumbnail clip you see, it went to this white flickering about 5 minutes into that clip. Not sure what caused this to happen? The sound still recorded fine, but the image has completely gone from this point on!

This recording once again was done from Thursday 25th October from about 7:30am to 4:30pm. It can be seen some of the recording shows as Thursday 25th and some as Friday 26th. This change over will have occurred at 1pm as the camera seems to offer the time by 11 hours in front.

another thing I’ve now noticed after the manual update. Before this recording 720p, It would record sections at 11:18, now these are at least 5 minutes more. Or could this be maybe because I’ve gone from NTSC to PAL, which reduces from 60 fps to 50 fps and hence less data per second?

anyway take a look at the image below and let me know your thoughts on what is going on, I thought the manual update was supposed to improve things. The camera now seems worse!

thanks,

Peter

8EE9CE0B-EB59-410A-B67B-A4D8BE728C5D.png
Highlighted
Hiker

Further update on this timing offset issue... seems to just be a GoPro app issue (I’m on iPhone) - as when I put the SD card in my PC, the creation date and time of all files are correct.

maybe someone can get the software team to look into how the GoPro app is interpreting recorded times. With me being in a GMT + 11 time zone, it seems consistent with my 11 hour offset, so even though the camera time is local time, when viewing on the app, it is interpreting the time as GMT time!

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the sharing results of your test, @peterkilleen. We have forwarded the information you shared to the team for a closer look. We will keep you posted. Best regards!

Highlighted
Hiker

In the end, I took my GoPro HERO 6 Black back to where I bought it and they allowed me to exchange for a HERO 7 BLACK and I just paid the difference of A$60. Hopefully the 7 BLACK works better. I have read that my memory card is also listed as a recommended one on the GoPro website for the HERO 7 Black. Not that I think the memory card was the issue with my HERO 6 Black.