Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro HERO 2018 video looping

[ New ]
Good Morning i am Sam from Italy.
I don t found the function Video loop on my camera GoPro HERO 2018
Anybody can help me ?
Tourist

Re: GoPro HERO 2018 video looping

[ New ]

Hi, I've the exact same problem, I'd like to use it as a dashcam. The FAQ list the HERO 2018 as a supported device ( https://gopro.com/help/articles/Question_Answer/How-Does-Looping-Work ) but there is no option in the settings (camera settings and app settings) to activate it.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @foggyriver78058 and @royalridge31682

Apologies for the confusion. The HERO (2018) does not support looping.  I have already submitted a feedback regarding the support article that lists down HERO (2018) as a model that supports looping. 

All the best, 

Marius

Sightseer

[ New ]

Is there a way for refund for false advertising? I already own 2 non loop capable Hero 2014, only reason I bought 2018 Hero was to economically enter into looping ability camera. Very unhappy on a bait and switch!

Tourist

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]

Apologies do not help those, like me, who bought the HERO (2018) because GoPro advertised it as having the looping feature.

Can looping be enabled via a software update? If so, I think GoPro needs to do this to make it right. If not, how does GoPro intend to make this right?

Thanks.

compare.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

My GoPro hero 2018 will be here tomorrow.  If it can't loop it is if no use to me.  I mount this on a bass boat and capture about 10 minutes max of footage in a 10 hour day.  Please advise if you can update software, otherwise I need to return this camera 😢

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi everyone!

I am sorry about the situation. If you wish to return the camera please get in touch with our Support Team. If this is a purchase from a different channel, please check with them regarding their return process.

Currently, we do not have any information if this feature will be added.

Regards!

Ej