Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro Fusion outer camera completely black

hey guys! I started filming with the GoPro fusion on my holiday in Austria, and I watched my videos back via the gopro app and saw that one camera on the fusion doesnt work and appearing completely black. I payed 750€ for this camera to film my holidays, and now it doesn't work at all. I tested some shots at home and there it worked perfectly. Strange thing is; the thumbnail of the video's actually show the image of the not-working-lens.

https://youtu.be/CJ8OzujZ3nc

example^

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Fusion outer camera completely black

@grandsurf54153 - When you play the source files (from the "front" and "back" sub-folders), are you able to see the video on both files? If so, there could be an issue with the stitching of the two files. It may be as simple as the other file not loading onto your phone fully.

If that's the case, when you stitch and render them using GoPro Fusion Studio, the video should still appear.

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Fusion outer camera completely black

@grandsurf54153 - When you play the source files (from the "front" and "back" sub-folders), are you able to see the video on both files? If so, there could be an issue with the stitching of the two files. It may be as simple as the other file not loading onto your phone fully.

If that's the case, when you stitch and render them using GoPro Fusion Studio, the video should still appear.

Jeff