11-30-2019 06:58 AM
GoPro fusion battery is not charging for about 2 weeks, even with a brand new battery and after completion of the steps below:
1. Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card. Remove, then reinsert the battery.
2. Press the Mode button (side) for 2-3 seconds to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screen).
3. If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
4. If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, remove and reinsert the battery, then connect Fusion to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, look for red LED illumination to indicate charging.
- If the red LED does not illuminate:
- Remove the cable, then battery from the camera. Wait for ≈5 seconds before proceeding.
- Reinsert the battery then wait for ≈5 seconds before proceeding.
- Reinsert the cable then give the camera 5-10 mins for the red LED to illuminate.
5. If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
6. Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
7. If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.
12-20-2019 12:01 PM