Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Fusion Virtual Tour Capabilities

@jprash78 - I'll send you a link to download the sample files.

Backpacker

you can do a 360degree still image with Fusion as well, think that's saved as a .jpg once rendered via Studio

Hiker

[ Edited ]

@jefft thank you.

I have downloaded the Kolor/GoPro VR Player but the sample mp4 files are not presenting correctly.

Do I need to render the sample mp4 files in Fusion before viewing?

And actually, we use Kolor Panotour to compile 360 scenes into presentations.

So hopefully the mp4 Fusion files will work when imported.

Hiker

@duanem8 very good to know!

Thank you for contributing to my education.

GoPro Community Manager

Yes, you'll need to stitch and render the raw files first. You can do that using the GoPro Fusion Studio software - https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/gopro-fusion-studio-app/fusion-studio.html.

Once the source videos are stitched together and rendered using the settings you select, you can play them in the VR player. 

Hiker

@jefft thank you.

Since I've started this thread I've been all over the world and am finally settled into my office for a few days and can digest and follow-up.

I think I already knew that GoPro purchased Kolor (go Kolor founders!) and was assured that was true today when I visited their homepage.

So now I'm wondering if Kolor creation Panotour for authoring 360 scenes into an interactive virtual tour is an ongoing concern.

Our workflow is take photos > stitch using PTGui > assemble in Panotour = magic.

But is this out of date, or not sustainable?

What's the future workflow with still image 360 scenes compiled into interactive virtual tours?

What's the future workflow with video 360 scenes compiled into interactive virtual tours?

I'm starting to ramble... at any rate, I will take this major change as progress but need to know the details before we're all in.

Thanks again everyone for your participation.

This is very important to us and we have many clients wanting these tours!

Hiker

@jefft hmmm, those sample files will not open in Fusion.

What am I doing wrong?

GoPro Community Manager

If you already have Kolor software, you'll still be able to use that. Shouldn't be any changes as far as that is concerned, but you can also use GoPro Fusion Studio, which is optimized to handle Fusion content. Once you stabilized, stitched and rendered the Fusion files in GoPro Fusion Studio, you can then take that rendered file and create any number of interactive experiences with it in a variety of programs or platforms.

When importing content in GoPro Fusion Studio, you want to import the entire folder, not individual files. When you unzip the sample file, you'll see a folder called "Fusion Sample". That's the folder you want to select for importing. In that folder are two sub-folders that hold the files for the content from the front lens and another for the content for the rear lens. When you import Fusion Sample, the software will match up the files from the two sub-folders and automatically create a preview stitch of each shot. Then, you can select which shots you want to stitch and render.