Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Fusion Studio will not connect to GoPro Fusion Camera on Mac

[ New ]

I am trying to use GoPro Fusion Studio to import from my GoPro fusion camera.

The details are: iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019, 3.6 GHz 8-core Intel Core i9, 72 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, macOS Catalina10.15.2.

I have also tried all this on an older Macbook Air, but it has much less umph.

I have tried using Fusion Studio 1.3 and 1.4, firmware 1.80, and 2.00, GoPro supplied USB-C, and non GoPro cables, oriented in both directions.

I have made sure that Fusion Studio is set to "Automatically launch Fusion Studio when camera is connected", this part does work, and have turned off the same setting in GoPro Quik.

I made sure that Image Capture is set to: "Connecting this camera opens: No application", though interestingly enough, the app does see the images and videos on the camera when it is opened manually., and  the camera is connected.

When the GoPro Fusion is connected to the Mac, GoPro Fusion Studio 1.4 does launch, and gives me the option to "BROWSE CAMERA MEDIA" and "ADD MEDIA". If I select BROWSE CAMERA MEDIA, the screen changes to FINDING YOUR FUSION for about 5.5 seconds.  If the camera is not connected to the Mac, the FINDING YOUR FUSION screen stays up for 20.3 seconds, which leads me to believe that the software can see the camera, but has an issue in communication with it.

The micro SD cards are exactly the same SanDisk Extreme Plus 128GB cards that were formatted in the camera.

Are there any other things I can try to get this to work?

I have until March 2nd to return the camera.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Fusion Studio will not connect to GoPro Fusion Camera on Mac

[ New ]

We appreciate you going through the recommended steps, @nontthewiser. @coolstorm7574, have you been able to perform the same workflow as well? If you have and the issue persists, it would be best to get in touch with our Support. This way, they will be able to walk you through further troubleshooting steps or raise the matter to the Product team. 

To connect with Support, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to have access to your camera, computer and mobile device when you do. You may also direct the team to this thread for reference on what has already been done. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@nontthewiser, please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Use the GoPro USB-C cable that came with the camera. There are some troubleshooting suggestions here GoPro Fusion Studio App: Camera Not Recognized When Connected to Computer that will help.

Tourist

[ New ]

OK, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear in my post, but I have done all of that, and it still doesn't work.

Am I to take it that there are no other suggestions, and likey no fix?

Thanks for trying,

Brent

GoPro

[ New ]

@nontthewiser, the problem could also be related to macOS Catalina preventing the app from accessing the files in the camera. Please try the suggestions in this thread to see if they'll work for you: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Quik-not-compatible-with-macOS-Catalina/m-p/50... 

And make sure that your Mac system allows access to removable devices. See this thread https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/GoPro-Quick-Mac-import-not-working-import-butt... for more info.

Alternatively, you can manually import the files to Fusion Studio. See How to Import Media into the GoPro Fusion Studio App for more details about importing via SD Adapter.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

No, still no joy.  In System Prefrences/Security & Privacy Fusion Studio has access to Photos and Files and Folders, and just for grins I gave it Full Disk Access and Accessibility access.

I am able to transfer to files manually, but I have no idea what the folder layout that Fusion Studio expects is, and after using GoPro action cameras, I know that the software can care about the folder structure.

Thanks for trying,

Brent

Sightseer

[ New ]

PARA CUANDO LA ACTULAIZACION DE FUSION STUDIO PARA QUE RECONOZCA LA CAMARA, ES UNA VERGUENZA, UNA CAMARA DE 400 EUROS LARGOS Y NO TENEMOS SOPORTE??? QUÉ ESTA PASANDO GOPRO

GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate you going through the recommended steps, @nontthewiser. @coolstorm7574, have you been able to perform the same workflow as well? If you have and the issue persists, it would be best to get in touch with our Support. This way, they will be able to walk you through further troubleshooting steps or raise the matter to the Product team. 

To connect with Support, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to have access to your camera, computer and mobile device when you do. You may also direct the team to this thread for reference on what has already been done. Thanks!