Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro Fusion Studio CRASHES on render, version 1.3 and beta 1.4

Hi All,

This has been a rather annoying and frustrating process.

Setup:

- Windows 10 64-bit, 1803 build

- Ryzen 1700x

- 32gb DDR4 ram

- NVIDIA GTX 1070

- NVME for render, SSD for media

Trying to render using the settings:

Video Codec - CineForm 422

Resolution: 5.2K in version 1.3 and 5.6k in beta version 1.4 for the newer footage

Spatial Audio: 360 Audio

D. Warp: On

Both versions, when rendering individual clips, the ram goes from 8GB usage to eventually 99% memory usage, then stays at this for a few minutes while still rendering, then the GoPro Fusion Studio application crashes completely without finishing the render.

This is UNUSABLE as I cannot stitch any of my clips AT ALL.

If anyone has encountered this, or has any fixes for this, please do help a fella out.

Many thanks,

theo

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro Fusion Studio CRASHES on render, version 1.3 and beta 1.4

Hello @loyalmesa60371.  How huge is the file that you are rendering. This could be related to the audio selected. .Try using Stereo audio instead of 360 Audio and see if it makes a difference. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the reply! The output render sizes I've tried are anywhere from 8gb to 30gb. Application crashes within a few minutes, or about 1/4 of the total render.

Is this a bug with 360 audio? I will give that a try but I would like to keep my stitched files rendered with preserved 360 audio if possible.
Highlighted
GoPro

@loyalmesa60371, just a quick note, does your Windows computer has an integrated graphics card?

As far as I know, if Windows computer has a dedicated graphics card, the computer picks the integrated graphics by default and will automatically switch to the full-blown GPU when necessary. Can you try to set NVidia as your default graphics card? See if that will also help.

Highlighted
Tourist

Appreciate the reply. 

The Ryzen 1700x does NOT have integrated graphics; my system runs off of discrete graphics only.

Any other thoughts?