Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro Fusion Final Cut Pro Plugins (FCP 10.4 Update)

[ New ]

You're right, I shou've chosen H.264 or Pro Res. It works now. Question: What if I don't want to upload a 360 video file on YouTube, but instead shoot in 360, and then using Final Cut set key frams of what I want to show in a standard 2d video. Is that doable? 

Anonymous

[ New ]

But there is still no GoPro VR ReFrame plugin in Final Cut Pro. I really hope GoPro makes it for Final Cut Pro. They shouldn't leave all Final Cut Pro users in the dust.

Backpacker

[ New ]
@coolriver62347 Yes you can do that. In my video I posted you'll see how I did that with FCP at the end of the video doing it in a 2D video.
Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks, I see. How do you do the effect at 3:14 of your video? It looks like it's a mix of Overcapture and 360. When I export as Overcapture, it produces a regular, non 360 clip. 

Tourist

[ New ]

If you want to create a 2D video, using a 360 clip, set the project properties to start with, picking any option besides "360", then add the Fusion clip, then compose the Keyframing with the Orientation tool in FCPX.

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks, got it, still waiting for an answer about the Overcapture quesrtion... 

Backpacker

[ New ]

@coolriver62347 With Overcapture that makes a normal 16:9 video to view so it removes the 360.

So you don't want to use if you're gonna import it into FCP. In FCP make a normal project not a 360

and then you can make you adjustments and etc. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@Chris, thanks, but how do you make the effect that you are using in your video at 3:15 when you zoom into what looks like an Overcapture shot? 

And also in this video https://youtu.be/9G-5KtDmiEM at 0:53 when it zooms in from a regular shot to what looks like Overcapture? 

Is this possible to achieve in Final Cut 10.4? 

Seamless VR stitching. Amazing gimbal-like stabilization. OverCapture for transforming your best spherical clips into traditional videos. Relive reality, and...