Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Backpacker

GoPro Fusion Final Cut Pro Plugins (FCP 10.4 Update)

[ New ]

So everyone has been asking if their is any plugins for Final Cut Pro for the GoPro Fusion.

GoPro hasn't released or said anything yet. But, Apple has! Apple has a new updates on macOS

to support VR content now on Safari and Final Cut Pro 10.4. I've made a video to learn more: https://youtu.be/5sw9fYSEKA4

Make Sure Subscribe To See The Latest Content- https://goo.gl/HAKfdi This video is made to teach and show what's new and how to edit VR videos without any pl...
Hiker

Re: GoPro Fusion Final Cut Pro Plugins (FCP 10.4 Update)

[ New ]

What I really want to do in FCPX though, is what you can do in the GoPro Reframe plugin in Premiere. While you can animate moving the camera around in FCPX 10.4, I don't believe you can edit the field of view and smooth transition "bounce" like you can with the GoPro Reframe plugins. Basically, I want to be able to make something like this in FCPX (this was filmed with the Fusion).

Backpacker

[ New ]

@bennesvig As you could see at the last part of the video you'll see I can reframe and move the 

video around as it sounds like you're saying. And yes you can find POV as you see in my sample video before and after. 

Hiker

[ New ]

But you can't make (and animate into/out of) a tiny planet like you can in Premiere with GoPro's Reframe plugin. In Premiere, when I zoom out on the field of view, it makes a tiny planet. In FCPX, it makes a circle with black in the corners. 

Backpacker

[ New ]

@bennesvig. I kind of see what you mean. I'll take a look into it and see what FCP can do or not. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@chrisediting after I stich and export the footage from Fusion Studio, I'm trying to import it into Final Cut 10.4, but it's giving me Missing Plugin message. What plugin do I need? 

Backpacker

[ New ]
@coolriver62347 So On FCP are you 100% sure you’ve updated FCP check in he App Store if not make sure to update it. If you’re using the import tap try using drag and drop into the timeline or clip views area to the left. If that doesn’t work use the file-import media tab. And if it doesn’t seem to work I’ll give the configuration I have on FCP. But I don’t have any plugins.
Tourist

[ New ]

Also, when you render the videos out of Fusion Studio, make sure you select the ProRes or H.264 option, not the default option CineForm '422 High'. The CineForm codec does not import into FCPX 10.4.