Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

GoPro Fusion Deleted Data

Hi all,
Numbnuts here has cut an paste all footage from SD cards to a windows 10 machine but then accidentally deleted the data from PC.
Can anyone recommend how I may get my footage back.
Devastated to have lost it...
Thanks,
Andy

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Fusion Deleted Data

Evening All,

Well I was lucky and managed to recover ALL data from my SD cards using EaseUS Data Recovery.

Happy days! Now I just need a PC capable of rendering the footage LMAO!!!

Thanks all!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @andylowe04

We do not have any preferred methods of data recovery as this may vary from SD card manufacturers of the preferred methods for recovering your data. However, you may be able to perform a Google search to find various data recovery options to recover the footage that had been lost. Yet, please do your research on whichever data recovery software is best for you as it may require activation of the software and there may be varying costs.
It is also best not to record any new photos and or videos with the card that had been used. This will overwrite the  files that may have been on there to where it would not be possible to recover. 
I do recommend to reach out to the SD card manufacturer to further troubleshoot the SD card. 

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Nomad

I've used a variety of recovery software, some free, some you pay for and by far the best is a freeware program called "recuva".  It's free and it does the best job of recovering files.  It may recover your files, but it's possible that meta data will have been lost when the files were deleted.  So stitching them back together may not be possible, you should give it a try anyway.

Highlighted
Hiker

Evening All,

Well I was lucky and managed to recover ALL data from my SD cards using EaseUS Data Recovery.

Happy days! Now I just need a PC capable of rendering the footage LMAO!!!

Thanks all!