Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro Fusion Blurred ring/stitching

Hello, 

I've had my fusion for a while, I finally started editing the videos and I've noticed all of them have this blurred ring. It looks like this is where the stiching it. You can really see it on my helment. 

Is there a fix for this? 

Screenshot_20190103-142257_GoPro.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GoPro Fusion Blurred ring/stitching

Fusion Studio (desktop app) does the best job of stitching and correcting the footage. On the mobile app, it only looks good once you output the picture or video. While viewing it, like in these shots, the stitching hasn't been applied yet (done once you output to a new file), so it's hard to determine if the results you are getting are good or not. The app is not nearly as good as the desktop for stabilizing and stitching, but you can get usable results.

When it comes to lighting, you want to make sure the light source is hitting both lenses equally. This can be a little challenging and sometimes you will get off balance results. Also, just to keep in mind when shooting, everything in the center of each lens is going to be the sharpest and have the most detail. It tends to get a little softer toward the edges and through the stitch line. Still better than most 360 cameras, but something to keep in mind.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fastpeak01042,

Yes, position your camera properly. 

It would be best to use an app to view the output first and then once confirmed you can now start recording. 

You can check the best distance and angle here: https://youtu.be/I4KOwInGRuY
Around 4:23

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the reply and the video, I get that there will be a stitch line/parallax for anything under 5 feet. But the colour difference between the two is also very noticeable. That's normal?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fastpeak01042,

It is not. 

You can try to place the camera on a different angle. 

I am getting that as well if the sun is too bright.

What I'm doing is, I use the mobile app to check if light is even. 

If issue persist you can contact our customer support team via phone or chat. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Jay!

Highlighted
GoPro

You're welcome @fastpeak01042,

I can see some discoloration as well.

Please try to install new firmware manually.

You can get the manual update steps here: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-fusion

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Jay,

Just did the update and took this shot, as you can see the colour issue is still there. and the the parallax hasn't improved either. I laid my hockey stick down on this its approx 5 feet long. You can see the stitch is still really bad, it even goes up to my ceiling which is closer to 8 feet and its still not smooth. Anything else you can suggest or is this a customer service issue now?

1Screenshot_20190103-162252_GoPro.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Yup @fastpeak01042,

It would be best to contact them. 

Thanks,

-Jay