Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Fusion 360 won't charge fully

[ New ]

I'm enjoying using my new Fusion 360. However it won't charge fully. Last night I left it charging overnight, and today the red light was still on, it was warm to the touch, and wouldn't turn on. I unplugged the cable and the red light stayed on. I pulled out the battery and it turned off. When I put the battery back in it turns on, but says it's charged at 86%. Why won't it charge fully?

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: GoPro Fusion 360 won't charge fully

[ New ]

Seems to be a smart battery issue, I've had the same thing with my Fusions and various batteries.  The best way to charge is either to use the GoPro smart charger (it's always good to have a spare battery) or if you're charging using the camera, power off your camera, remove the battery, put the battery back in, wait a minute (while the GoPro automatically checks the battery) and then charge it after a minute passes.  This allows time for the check to finish.  If you don't wait and charge it immediately then you experience a power drain.  Then your USB Cable is powering the camera and not actually charging the battery.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

Re: GoPro Fusion 360 won't charge fully

[ New ]

Seems to be a smart battery issue, I've had the same thing with my Fusions and various batteries.  The best way to charge is either to use the GoPro smart charger (it's always good to have a spare battery) or if you're charging using the camera, power off your camera, remove the battery, put the battery back in, wait a minute (while the GoPro automatically checks the battery) and then charge it after a minute passes.  This allows time for the check to finish.  If you don't wait and charge it immediately then you experience a power drain.  Then your USB Cable is powering the camera and not actually charging the battery.