Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro Files has a double unworking one

[ New ]

Whenever I download gopro videos to my mac, I always get a good file which shows the videos and a bad one right next to it that says, .THM . How do I stop this from happening.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro Files has a double unworking one

[ New ]

@anmol06070, the .THM files are thumbnail video files that are used to display a thumbnail image of the video. These files are automatically created together with the .LRV files after recording a video. There isn't a way to stop the camera from doing so.

These files are necessary to support the Copy, Playback, and Share functionality in the latest version of the GoPro App.

You should be looking at the .MP4 files in the SD card for your videos.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro Files has a double unworking one

[ New ]

@anmol06070, the .THM files are thumbnail video files that are used to display a thumbnail image of the video. These files are automatically created together with the .LRV files after recording a video. There isn't a way to stop the camera from doing so.

These files are necessary to support the Copy, Playback, and Share functionality in the latest version of the GoPro App.

You should be looking at the .MP4 files in the SD card for your videos.