Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro FX Reframe

Hello. Tell me please, what do you think in the plugin GoPro FX Reframe add the ability to work with video in 5k and 8k resolution? Now in this plugin the maximum resolution is only 4k.  If I choose 4K in projection, I see an 8K video in a black square on the timeline. Can I use this plugin if I need a final video in 8k?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro FX Reframe

Hello @foggysurf73535. See if the solution shared at https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Premiere-Pro-Reframe-Plugin-Black-Screen/m-p/5... will help. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

My question is not about the black screen.

How can I apply this plugin to a video whose resolution is more than 4k?

33.jpg
Highlighted
Hiker

As for the black screen. 

When you disable CUDA in the settings everything is fine,but unfortunately this plugin does not work with disabled CUDA. Improved the situation by installing NVIDIA studio video drivers instead of Game ready,but still after a while I see a black screen.

Highlighted
Nomad

Just adjust the scale of your video to fit the frame.

Highlighted
Hiker

Then the video quality will deteriorate.

Highlighted
Tourist

The camera only records 5.6k for the full sphere to begin with, so going to 8k on a viewport on that sphere is going to cause considerable scaling no matter how you reframe the video.

Highlighted
Hiker

My camera shoots in 8K-QooCam 8K. A strange solution, the restriction of work is only 4k resolution. In the usual GoPro Reframe without FX, there is no restriction.