Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro Clock/Date PC Sync issue

[ New ]

It seems like every trime I go to upload my videos from my GoPro via the GoPro Quik program it tells me it resets my date on my GoPro to a date back into 2016 or so. It's annoying that I have to go back into my GoPro Black 8 and have reset that every time this happens! Please fix the issue GoPro! Thanks!

This is probably because I don't have my battery in my GoPro 8 Black camera when I plug the USB cable into my laptop. I've had issues of my camera overheating sometimes when I forget to unplug the camera after the uploads are completed. This is why I don't leave the battery in my camera.

GoPro Clock issue.png

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: GoPro Clock/Date PC Sync issue

[ New ]

Thank you all for your help! 

I found out the silly mistake I made. I had noticed if I had a 100% battery charge on my GoPro Black 8 and left it uncharged during that time that when I turned the camera it was at about 75% charged. The camera drains the battery when it's in standby mode. I had pulled the battery out so, I would have 100% battery charge the next time I went to go use the camera. Because I had pulled the battery out for so long, the clock and date got knocked out of whack. I found out when it happened again but, this time it was only two days behind. It was probably only two days behind this last time because I formatted the drive and did a Factory Reset that was suggested here! Thanks for that suggestion!

I would leave my GoPro Black 8 on a charger to keep the battery charge and I have over night but, it woke me up one night whinning loudly and I went to go check and see what the noise was, and it was the GoPro Black 8. The camera was super hot too when I felt it. I unplugged it and pulled the battery out and check it the next morning and it worked fine. I can't trust to leave on the charger over night. I don't want to ruin the camera. I guess I will have to leave the battery in and just charge it before I go to use it. I think that is the best thing to do.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

I just tried to upload more video this time with my battery in and the same message popped up. It makes the date 2016-01-01. Please fix the problem GoPro! Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @davids76481

Try to change the time and date manually.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-do-I-change-the-date-on-my-media

After that try to reformat your SD card then reset your camera to factory settings. 

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate them! I did get it fixed and working properly. I unistalled the GoPro Quik program and then reintalled it. This was after trying to reset the GoPro 8 Black camera clock and having the GoPro Quik reseting my time not once but, a bout 3 times. It didn't even give me the option to cancel. It just did it when I went to go upload my vids using the GoPro Quik program. 

It's working now. I haven't seen the issue again after reinstalling the GoPro Quik program.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for letting us know @davids76481

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks! That was helpful!
Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you all for your help! 

I found out the silly mistake I made. I had noticed if I had a 100% battery charge on my GoPro Black 8 and left it uncharged during that time that when I turned the camera it was at about 75% charged. The camera drains the battery when it's in standby mode. I had pulled the battery out so, I would have 100% battery charge the next time I went to go use the camera. Because I had pulled the battery out for so long, the clock and date got knocked out of whack. I found out when it happened again but, this time it was only two days behind. It was probably only two days behind this last time because I formatted the drive and did a Factory Reset that was suggested here! Thanks for that suggestion!

I would leave my GoPro Black 8 on a charger to keep the battery charge and I have over night but, it woke me up one night whinning loudly and I went to go check and see what the noise was, and it was the GoPro Black 8. The camera was super hot too when I felt it. I unplugged it and pulled the battery out and check it the next morning and it worked fine. I can't trust to leave on the charger over night. I don't want to ruin the camera. I guess I will have to leave the battery in and just charge it before I go to use it. I think that is the best thing to do.

Tourist

[ New ]
I thought I should mention what happened in case others have the same issue.