Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

GoPro App storage problem

Hey, I’m having difficulty with the storage being used by the GoPro app. In the past I’ve uploaded media from camera to my phone app wirelessly and then saved from the app to my phone and the media is stored on iCloud which always freed up the space on the app. Around a week ago I uploaded my media as normal from the camera to the app but this time the media has also stored on the app taking up around 40gb aswel as me downloading the media and saving it to iCloud. Is there anything I can do to free up the space on the app but keep the content on my phone/iCloud. TYIA
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro App storage problem

Hi @liamgee01

Thanks for reaching out. Just to verify, are you using the latest version of the GoPro App for iOS (v5.2.3)?

If you've already saved the media files from the GoPro App to the local Photos App in your mobile device, see if deleting the contents in the "App" section will help. Doing so should affect the files that are already saved in your native Photos App.

Let us know how it works for you.

Ann

Highlighted
Tourist

I am having the same issue but on Android OS. of what was mentioned above only problem is the video files are somewhere non-existent on my phone I cannot locate them they're not in the GoPro folder than on the export GoPro folder and it literally destroyed my phone's memory at the moment I am completely maxed out. The new update really wasn't that great for the file part of it.
Highlighted
GoPro

@ironlohan, the GoPro App is installed in your mobile device's internal memory by default. I reckon nothing much has changed in the app other than the download/transfer process of the contents. Anyhow, I've already raised this concern to our team and we are looking further into details here. We'll keep everyone posted with any update that we get as soon as possible.

Your time and patience throughout this process are very much appreciated.

Highlighted
Tourist

essentially once I transfer it to the app, it takes up memory and then when I save to the phone to use Quik story .... it copies the file so now I have double the memory being used.

I hope this helps and a fix

The old way before the update was way more practical for the user I would say

Thank you