Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro 9 ist öfter nicht abschaltbar

[ New ]

1. The GoPro 9 has now often failed during intensive use. Switching off was no longer possible. Just by removing the battery.
2. In addition, there is now an error on the SD 128 and there are irretrievable videos.
What should I do?

GoPro

Re: GoPro 9 ist öfter nicht abschaltbar

[ New ]

Hi @rapiddawn7505

What version is the camera on?

Is this observed no matter what resolution/mode is used?

Were you able to test if the same happens with other SD cards?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

thanks for your fast answer. Your questions:

What version is the camera on?

Version: 01.50 Seri: C***

Is this observed no matter what resolution/mode is used? I use mostly 2.7 and 5K media mode n.v.; max Lens Mod NO!

Were you able to test if the same happens with other SD cards?

I did it already. My SD Cards are ScanDisk extreme 32, 64 and right now 128. And I use two GoPro 8 und 7 too.

Normally, my GoPro use for diving and other situations is always longer (5 to 60 minutes). The problem always occurs with frequent power on / off. I think the camera might get too hot?The only way to turn it off is to remove the battery. This could damage the data.

Now my more important problem is to save the data on the camera. About 40 Giga data from Galapagos, a "small" disaster without data recovery.

Can you recommend any software to do this? Thank you Peter

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rapiddawn7505

We do not have any preferred methods of data recovery as this may vary from SD card manufacturers of the preferred methods for recovering your data. It is also best not to record any new photos and or videos with the card that had been used. This will overwrite the files that may have been on there to where it would not be possible to recover. 
I do recommend reaching out to the SD card manufacturer to further troubleshoot the SD card.

You may also check NO SD or SD ERR on Camera's LCD 

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for the information about repairing the SD card. Back to the problem of the GoPro9, that the inability to switch off is a hardly acceptable problem?
Nomad

[ New ]

Your GoPro freezes due to SD card corruption, this is why it cannot be turned off.  There have been numerous reports of Video corruption, loss, SD card errors and freezing camera's using Sandisk cards.  I personally recommend that people switch to a Samsung Evo card, people who have done this have reported immediate improvements in camera reliability.

Tourist

[ New ]

Das kann so unmöglich stimmen. Grund: Ich habe mehrfach mit dieser 128 GB Karte bis etwas über 5 Einfrieungen erlebt und dazwischen immer wieder Dateien heruntergeladen.
Das Stehenbleiben geschah nur bei häufigen, zeitnahen Ein- und Ausschalten. Warum den Hersteller der Karte wechseln, wenn doch GoPro die SanDisk Produkte vorschlägt?

That can't possibly be true. Reason: I have experienced up to a little over 5 freezes several times with 
this 128 GB card and repeatedly downloaded files in between.
 The system only stopped when it was switched on and off frequently and promptly. 
Why change the manufacturer of the card when GoPro suggests? 
the SanDisk products?

Sightseer

[ New ]

thanks for your fast answer.

Tourist

[ New ]

Welche Antwort? Derzeit lasse ich den Chip prüfen, da ich die eventuell verlorenen Dateien dringend brauche. Was nützt mir eine GoPro, die sich zwischendurch nicht normal abschalten läßt. Akku entfernen ist unter Wasser wohl kaum sinnvoll?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thank you so much..  teatv

e sadhana