Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: GoPro 9 incomplete recordings on my FPV drone.

[ New ]

i did a wierd test but with the result that i was looking for, i put the camera on a massage vibrating device, 2 out of 4 tests failed to record all the video, but on the drone i am sure that the vibration fq is much higher and fails everytime.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hallo also ich hatte viele Probleme mit der 9er Black. nachdem ich mich an den Support gewendet habe bekamm ich ein Anruf da haben die Jungs alles verstanden und besser als Email und so. Die haben den Tausch beantragt und ich bekamm alle ERetouren und Anweisung per Mail. Ich habe die Camera nach Holland gesendet und bekamm eine Neue . Bis jetz bin ich zufrieden mann kann sie bedienen was vorher nicht richtig ging und keine Fehler bei Aufnahmen mehr lediglich hat sie sich 2 mal Aufgehangen bei Kälte drausen. Also der Support ist Gut als lieber Anrufen statt hin und her schreiben. 

Tourist

[ New ]
I have the same issue. I lost many files while recording with max lens when skiing. This is really a shame that I cannot rely on this camera...
Hiker

[ New ]
I totally understand, i can say that i had pass a few projects to shoot due to that issue, i am also thinking to do a Youtube video and specifically show this issue, maybe someone will fix this.
Tourist

[ New ]
I just noticed that the latest firmware includes: “Improvements to camera power-on reliability”

Let’s see if it changes anything.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I do have same issue with my brand new GoPro 9 Black.

I've made few recordings at home, and everything is perfect. 

Then we went for bicycle trip for almost 8 hours recording multiple shots with Quick Start On. Camera was turning on, screen showed that camera is rolling (timer was correct) - no issues, no errors, everything as usual.

When I got home NONE of videos were available in preview or in the app.

Luckyli we had a second GoPro 7Black.

I was thinking that this is a SD Card write issue (read works properly - I can see and download all prewious recordings) I've replaced the card with another and then again with original - recordings were ok. 
So I took my GoPro again for another filming again today. Shot few minutes of recordings in 30-40 sec files.
Came back home and guess what? Videos are gone!

Interesting is that yesterday camera showed remaining recording time 1h54 min.
Today after recording "nothing" remaining time dropped to 1:45 min  which could fit todays total record time.

But no sign of a files on SD card. At least when in camera. I don't have card reader to check outside GoPro enviroment but GoPro 7 also does not see my yesterday and todays recordings from GoPro9.

Ah. 
All was shot on FHD 60fps wide. GPS Off, Quick Start On.

Hiker

[ New ]
I returned my 2nd GoPro a day before the update so I’m curious if this fixes the issue.

It does say “improvements” to the battery not “Fixed” thus not too confident.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I did the update today morning before going out for recordings.

Did not observed the changes. 
I just did not made factory reset before so need to retest.