Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro 9 Schermo lampeggiante

[ New ]

Salve a tutti, 
stavo registrando un timelapse piuttosto lungo sulla crescita di una pianta, con uno scatto ogni 2 minuti. A tal proposito, seguendo i consigli trovati sul web, ho rimosso la batteria e ho tenuto la fotocamera collegata ad un alimentatore da 5V e 2A. Dopo circa 15 ore di riprese lo schermo ha iniziato a lampeggiare (come se si spegnesse ad intervalli regolari) mentre la GoPro continuava a registrare. 
Vi allego un video che mostra la vicenda: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU0EHmpUytc&feature=youtu.be

C'è qualcuno che ha un'idea di cosa possa essere? 
Vi ringrazio in anticipo, 

Marco 

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
GoPro

Re: GoPro 9 Schermo lampeggiante

[ New ]

Hello, @ildeca. Thank you for the information that you have provided including the attached clip showing the issue. We'd like to gather additional details to isolate the problem. Did the camera stay on after the blinking screen occurred? Was the camera hot at that time? Were you using the original USB-C charging cable that came with the camera package? Which SD card was used in the camera? Which firmware version is the camera on? 

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya  ha scritto:

Hello, @ildeca. Thank you for the information that you have provided including the attached clip showing the issue. We'd like to gather additional details to isolate the problem. Did the camera stay on after the blinking screen occurred? Was the camera hot at that time? Were you using the original USB-C charging cable that came with the camera package? Which SD card was used in the camera? Which firmware version is the camera on? 

Hi @mariustanya, thanks for the support. The camera kept shooting while blinking, in fact you can see that in the video I have attached. The temperature was quite normal, just a little warm. I used the original cable and SD card (see attached image) that came with the camera when I bought it two weeks ago. I updated the firmware first when setting up the camera so I guess it's the latest firmware available.
By the way, I've run into this problem a couple of times, always with long time-lapses ...

Schermata 2020-11-10 alle 5.24.42 PM.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @ildeca. We appreciate the additional details you provided. The SD card and the cable used to connect to the external power source are good. If you haven't yet, see if the actual power source has an effect on how the camera works. If this has already been explored and the camera continues to behave as shown in the video, please let our Support team know. This way, they will be able to troubleshoot the issue further. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.Once connected, you may direct them to this thread for reference. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya, thanks for the answer. I tried to change the power source, but the blinking happened again.. So i tried to plug the battery in and, after some days of normal working, today the screen started blinking again.. I'm starting to think that maybe it's due to the shutter which couldn't be working fine, i don't really know. 

here's the demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbuIPE_onPE&feature=youtu.be

I'll probably contact the support and hear what they have to say. 

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.