Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro 9 Held in Eindhoven, Netherlands

[ New ]

I ordered a GoPro kit on 16th March and since then it has been held up in Eindhoven, Netherlands for nearly a week.

Although this is not GoPro's fault, I really need the camera for a project and could have walked into a local shop, bought one and walked out.

How does a return work if I have not yet recieved the camera?

GoPro

Re: GoPro 9 Held in Eindhoven, Netherlands

[ New ]

Hi @suffolksifter

We have sent a direct message.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

It is still being held in Eindhoven!!

I have been in touch with UPS and they say that you should be looking into this in case there is some paperwork to release it from customs. Below UPS reply...

"Hello Steve, unfortunately, we don't have the information about how long this will take, I'm really sorry about this. In this case, the sender will need to contact their local UPS to find out if there's information or documentation needed to help this package release from customs or if it's just being impacted by the reasons explained previously. - Silvia"

Please could you look into this for me.

Steve

Hiker

[ New ]

I am also in the same position. Order despatched on the 19/3 but 7 days later still in Eindhoven. UPS aren't helping matters as occasionally they will dispaly On it's way and then Delay.

Can you please look into this delay. Whilst it is obviously brexit related I would have expected huge multinational companies like GoPro and UPS to have got their act together by now. This is completely unacceptable.

My order no is SO-4682574.

If it ever gets here I'm on the verge of returning it under online shopping cooling off period regulations as I'm not sure I want to support a company who appear to have a total disregard to customers (and new ones at that).

Thanks,

Kevin

GoPro

[ New ]

@suffolksifter, when you get a chance, please reach out to GoPro customer support at gopro.com/help/ContactUs so we can assist you further with this.

GoPro

[ New ]

@kevinh13527, sorry for the delay. There's currently an active investigation going on your case and our Support Team will reach out as soon as new information is available. We appreciate your patience.

Hiker

[ New ]

It's all very well telling me to "reach out" to support when they are CLOSED Saturday and Sunday. Can't you "reach" to support, do you not work for the same company? Have you "reached out" to your local UPS to find out if the delay is due to paperwork? I am at the point of rejecting the GP and returning it for a full refund and some sort of compensation for the massive delay and the cost of me loosing a planned project.

I am not happy at the lack of action of GoPro and UPS and will consider very carefully if I will purchase anything more from GoPro. It is a MASSIVE FAIL of GoPro and UPS that they can't communicate with each other and resolve things if it is just a paperwork issue.

Come on try and sort it out! I bought and paid for this on the 16th March!!!

Order#: SO-4680347

Steve

Hiker

[ New ]

I have just spoken to UPS and they seem to think that this is all due to a paperwork issue. Below is their reply.

"Hello, thank you for reaching out. Since the package is still being processed at the origin country, only the shipper will be able to follow up from their end, as the package is going through Customs. At the moment, our records do not indicate if there's still paperwork missing, however, we recommend you stay in touch with the shipper and have them follow up from their end".

So GoPro, please follow up asap please and get it sorted out.

Hiker

[ New ]

Update.

I managed to get throught to customer support via live chat and they created a ticket to look into the delay. Today the status on UPS althought dated 26th March says "In Transit". So hopefully my delivery is making it's way over to me. Will updat further later.

Steve

Hiker

[ New ]

Mine also states 'In Transit'. And on that basis I bought some accessories from Amazon. There was a lightning sale on a 52 piece accessory set. Probably cheap and nasty but I only really need the bike mounting and chest strap.

Hiker

[ New ]

I'd just like to update my order status and to say that finally after three weeks I have just had my GoPro order delivered. BUT, the order is not complete, I have the extra battery and the mic adaptor, but don't seem to have the memory card. Unless you can tell me if it is hidden somewhere, I can't find it. It's not on the packing (not that I can see) or the camera?

Please advise.

Steve

IMG_20210407_120126_edit_300769908363479.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @suffolksifter. Please check the box or the case. The SD card comes in a loose plastic/manila envelope so it may have moved around inside the package while in transit. Others report that they found the card inserted in the bottom flap of the box. 

If this is not the case, let our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs know so they can help you with the next steps. They can be reached by chat or callback request. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Unbelievable that even when they deliver they get it wrong.

I'm still waiting on mine. UPS gave me a delivery date of 8th April, then moved it to 9th and this morning moved it again to the 12th.

It's now exactly three weeks since I ordered mine and as far as I can make out it hasn't left the UPS depot in Eindhoven yet.

Am totally astounded at the sheer incompetence of both GoPro and UPS. Will avoid both companies like the plague in future.

Hiker

[ New ]

I have had a real good look as you can see, nothing. All I can say is that there was some damage to the outer box and one side was open, maybe fell out?? Either way what can be done?

IMG_20210407_155801.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]

Box damage.

IMG_20210407_114315.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @suffolksifter

We have checked the order and see that an SD card was included in the package.

It will be best to follow up with Support to have this checked further.

Please reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks for looking into this. By the looks of the way the parcel was treated, I am not surprised it was missing. I have been in contact with support via chat and they are looking into it.

Steve