Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro 9 Black not broadcasting Wifi

[ New ]

Long time GoPro user....had Hero3 Silver for the longest time until I lost it in a river in North Carolina (long story).

So....I bought the Hero 9 Black.

Was excited as it just arrived today...ready to setup. 

Until.....

I cannot get it to broadcast Wifi SSID so I can connect via ANY app.

I manually updated both the Phone (iOS v14.6 on iPhone XR) and the GoPro OS (v1.52, patch release from Feb 2021).

I go through the process of turning on wifi and then trying to connect.....fails as it cannot see the Wifi SSID that is supposed to be broadcasting despite the certainty of Wifi Connections as "on".

I tried to see it with two different laptops.....and tried to see it with another phone (iOS 14.6 on iPhone 12).

No dice.

Have called into support.....no help.

They made a case number and I'm awaiting a reply from "development".

Called back, notes in the Support incident are the same....no investigation yet.

Support rep said that their timing is 48-72 hours.

So.....going on a trip, wanted to have this $500 paper weight working.

Looks like that isn't going to happen.

Would love to return and get something else that works....but turn around time is too long. 

Any ideas?

Hiker

Re: GoPro 9 Black not broadcasting Wifi

[ New ]

also.....not broadcasting at 5GHZ or 2.4GHZ.

Tried both.

oof.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @kevineprice

Sorry for any trouble caused. We were able to pull the case and see that an RMA has been arranged.

Let us know how it goes.

If you have further questions or concerns about your case, you may also follow up with Support.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks, EJ.....wish I had known about the Quik version update (that you posted to me on another forum string).

That may have resolved what I've been dealing with since day 1....instead of potentially resolving this yesterday and using my camera today.  I now have to wait until June 18th at the earliest to see what will happen.  Oof.

Back to my forced waiting game.

Hiker

[ New ]

Still stuck in the waiting game....hoping to get my replacement in a few days and praying to not go through this all over again.

But now dealing with the absolute bad experience in support.

I bought my first GoPro in 2012....used it for several years.

Minor issues....called into support and was the BEST experience.

Support now is based on scripts, redirection, finger pointing.....AND based on this new experience - arguing and accusing.

Worst part of it all.....no one cares....at all.

Have been begging for escalation and actual conversation.

I cannot get that to happen.

Boy, has the support quality changed here.

I still believe in the quality of hardware and even software....believe it or not.

But I would've definitely considered something generic if I had known support would have deteriorated like this.

To be continued....

Sightseer

[ New ]

Bonjour, 

J'ai le même problème. La gopro héros 9 est bien reconnu dans l'application Quick, reconnaissance de mon réseau wifi.

Cependant pas de wifi pour contrôler la caméra et activer l'aperçu. Impossibilité de rejoindre GOPRO pour récurer les films et photos dans l application. Cela est pareil en bande wifi 5 ou 2 GHz, la version de la caméra 8.6.1.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @kevineprice. We see that the replacement camera has already been delivered to you. We just released a new firmware for the HERO9 Black today - make sure to update your camera to this latest version, if not yet on it. Feel free to post back should you have further concerns or questions. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @philippem371. Which phone are you using and which OS is it on? Does the app give you an option to enable preview? A screenshot of what you see on the app when on the Media tab would be greatly helpful. 

If you haven't done it yet, try manually connecting to the camera's Wi-Fi network from your phone’s Wi-Fi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera. 

There are more device-specific steps at GoPro Quik: Troubleshoot Connectivity Issues for you to try as well. There is a section on iPhones that you might want to check out. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]
I returned my Hero9 Black.
I received a replacement.

The 2nd Hero9 Black connected with no issues.
The device firmware is v1.52
The Quik App is v8.7
My iPhone iOS is 14.6

There was an update to the Quik app from when I received the first Hero9 Black.
Perhaps this was it?…as at that time this was v8.5.
The iOS and Firmware versions were the same.
Perhaps it was something hardware-related in the first shipment?

I really do not know.
But it works now.

A pity to have gone through this…especially on a new buy of the most recent model.
And a pity to have taken longer than it should in support transaction (and support attitude in the last two interactions….ended up dealing with rudeness and short responses)….VERY unlike prior years worth of interaction when I first started using GoPro.

Anyway…working correctly now.
Knocking on wood that I will have no more issues and not have to go through support again.

Good luck!
Hiker

[ New ]
I returned my Hero9 Black.
I received a replacement.

The 2nd Hero9 Black connected with no issues.
The device firmware is v1.52
The Quik App is v8.7
My iPhone iOS is 14.6

There was an update to the Quik app from when I received the first Hero9 Black.
Perhaps this was it?…as at that time this was v8.5.
The iOS and Firmware versions were the same.
Perhaps it was something hardware-related in the first shipment?

I really do not know.
But it works now.

A pity to have gone through this…especially on a new buy of the most recent model.
And a pity to have taken longer than it should in support transaction (and support attitude in the last two interactions….ended up dealing with rudeness and short responses)….VERY unlike prior years worth of interaction when I first started using GoPro.

Anyway…working correctly now.
Knocking on wood that I will have no more issues and not have to go through support again.

Good luck!