Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro 9 Black arrived today, NOT WORKING!

Ofcourse. I tried that and all other tricks and none of them worked. It is completely broken. I'm experienced user, i can tell when something is dead, broken... I'm annoyed i can't reach support or talk with someone regarding this, it's unfair, unprofessional and rude. Why did i pay 350€ + 50€ subscription? To be ignored with 100% broken camera!?
Highlighted
Nomad

ok, just another user trying to help.

Highlighted
Tourist

Sorry. Thank you. I'm just mad. You understand me.
Highlighted
Nomad

Yes I would be pissed as well.

The gopro staff do come on here from time to time, try to tag one of them on conversation so they stand a better chance of seeing post.

Jeff and mariousa (i think), also used to be aronaught (or something like that).

I hope you get it sorted soon.

I suppose the only other way is file a despute with your credit card company if everything else does not work out.

I dont know if there is a facebook page, in past on other products, I have messagd them, that can sometime help.

Highlighted
Tourist

Latest update.

I finally entered the chat support. I've had to upload photo attachments of the serial number inside the camera (that was not easy to capture - it is inside the battery hatch), everything that was inside the package and invoice, which is actually not the real invoice but the order paper you get inside the delivery box. They also asked for original delivery package which, ofcourse, i threw away. I offered myself to go to the community waste disposal and dig, but they said it was not neccessary :D

They think the problem is with the battery connector inside the camera. It is not registering battery at all. They opened new case for me. I'm expecting their email with instructions on how to return the camera. As soon as they receive my camera they will send me the new one. Hopefully it won't take too long. I will post updates here, might be helpful for someone in the future, and hopefully my saga ends here, with this case.

I'm supposed to receive email with further instructions within 4-5 hours (no idea why it takes so long). There should be detailed instructions with adress where to send the camera, UPS labels for free postal service (Yes, they pay for the shipping) and so on. They also stated that i can use any type of the box to pack the camera as long as it is safe, and i must send CAMERA ONLY. No battery, accessories, cable, SD card! Nothing, just camera. I guess they will return only camera(?).

Later Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Nomad

Yes I have had to send cameras back for exchange in past.

The system is fairly quick depending where you are.

In europe the hub is in Holland.

I do recall get a link from UPS which I had to put my details in and it then generated the label.

From Spain to Holland and replacement is about 2 weeks or just under.

Is there any visible damage to pins you can see inside.

The outer sleeve of packaging (brightly colour GP one) does have serial number on as well.

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm glad to hear that. Thank you very much! I'm from Croatia. I was suprised it took only 4 business days between my order and shipment from Holland. I was supposed to receive package this Friday, but it has arrived yesterday. I hope it will be the same with returning one. I'm ok with 2 weeks or under honestly. I can't see any visible damage to the pins, everything looks regular... To be honest, i don't want to touch it anymore. I just want to see it in the box, on the way to Holland Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Tourist

We had ours the sum total of three days.  It is currently resting on the shelf of Best Buy as an "open box," and our credit card bill is now $481 dollars less than it was three hours ago.  This was our very first experience with GP products.  We suspect it will be our last.