Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro 9 Audio pops crackles

[ New ]

Im new to GoPro. Wanted one since 2016. I oppted to get a budget camera that cost 80$. Its been fantastic for what it is. No issues. BUT i always wanted a GoPro since its the industry standard. Well a couple months back i finally had the funds to get a Hero 9. At first i was super happy with it. BUT it wasnt long after I started noticing more noise/artifacts and audio pops/clicks. Ive never felt so disapointed in a product in my life. Something I wanted so badly for so long that cost so much money and here I am wishing I had NEVER purchsed one. Its like finally meeting your favorite actor or musician and check they turn out to be complete Aholes..And to make things worse,from what I understand,GoPro acts like there isnt an issue. Go check out my videos over the last month on my youtube channel mikiesonTV ..Snap Crackle Pop is what you'll hear. I would like to sell this thing but do I tell people the issues? I would feel guilty selling someone this thing. 400$ might seem like chump change to some people,BUT for others it might as well be 10 years of savings..Very disapointed GoPro..

Nomad

Re: GoPro 9 Audio pops crackles

[ New ]

Note that this company has sold you a **bleep** and has no intention of doing anything about it. Such premeditated action should be severely punished. This is a scam in my opinion.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @michaelt10681

Sorry for any trouble caused.

The product team is still working to understand and fix this issue.

Try to warm up your camera (simply by having it on) for about 2 minutes prior to starting the recording.

This has shown to help prevent the audio popping from showing up in the video.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

Wow... what a joke of a solution.

This company is trash and needs to be shut down.

Nomad

[ New ]

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @michaelt10681

Try to warm up your camera (simply by having it on) for about 2 minutes prior to starting the recording.

Thanks!

Ej

Stop telling this bullsh..t to everyone. Your "fix" is useless. Audio is popping almost everytime you start a new recording. Tell me how to use a quickcapture function with your method.  

Hiker

[ New ]
Ma perche non avete un po di rispetto verso tutti noi ?
almeno state zitti che fate più bella figura
bugiardi.
Tourist

[ New ]

yeah i use the quick start almost every single time. I mean,thats a huge feature for me. im conisdering throwing it on ebay and cancelling my yearly subscription that ill never use. so sad..

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006 wrote:
Hi @michaelt10681

Thanks!

Ej

I have this problem as well, and this solution seems to work. I let the camera run for a minute or two before starting filming, but it's not ideal. Hopefully you find a solution for this.