Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro 9 Audio Interface - Firmware Update Status/Timing...?

[ New ]

I read through the forum and found your other post "GoPro 9 no Longer Compatible with the Audio Interface" which stated that you have a firmware update coming sometime in December which enabled the audio input feature.  Do you have an update on the timing of this?  I would happily try an beta version of this firmware if possible, as this is the sole reason for the GoPro 9 at this time.

Thanks!

GoPro

Re: GoPro 9 Audio Interface - Firmware Update Status/Timing...?

[ New ]

@farleyfarley, we will have a firmware update coming to improve your video and photo capture experience. For further details, check out this link https://gopro.com/en/us/news/hero9-black-launch-updates.

Sightseer

[ New ]

So to be clear, I asked for clarification of "when" so I could plan around it.  "December sometime" isn't enough specificity to plan around when I have upcoming events to record.

Nomad

[ New ]

GoPro Tech support doesn't have a magic crystal ball to know when the engineering team will finish work on the updates.  Two totally different departments, nothing to do with eachother.

Then there's testing to be done to make sure they haven't messed up something else with the update.  If it was in Ireland, there would also be a serious drinking session afterwards.....

The firmware update was originally slated for November (I'm guessing end of..) and was pushed into December so they could add more changes (the ability to go live with the Max Mod for one).  This means that most of the work has been done and they are probably just testing and double checking it works.  If nothing major pops up, it would be a good bet it would be out before the 21st.  They'd most likely want it ready before the Christmas sales hit.  Mind you, that's just a guess and anyone's guess is as good as mine (well that's not true, my guesses are pretty awesome because of my magic powers.....   that's not true either....)