Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: GoPro 8 stops recording on its own

If your camera is that important to you, and the battery  chip heats up, what happens?

Melt down camera  gets trashed talk on gopro. remember 1 million cameras 100 forum complainers. that is a  heck of a lot of  troubles.

Highlighted
Explorer

100/1000000 = 0.001%
Highlighted
Adventurer

@drdimento   Since @danielr15  does not own a Action and I do.  Firmware 1.6*****  and no one cries about this, I WILL.  at 92% -90% this happens,  well at 100% this just happened so is that now a New issue because it happens at 100%.  I will be contacting DJI again and .

1  how do we reboot theh camera on a crash 3 weeks later NO answer.

2. Hyperwarp, why the first three seconds and last 8 seconds M.I.A, (missing in action)  not there.  3rd day no reply.

3 Cynova mic contacted the company same thing No reply

these problems MAGICALLY GET  FIXED~

SnapShot.jpg

Highlighted
Explorer

FISH,
Totally off topic, but I love the Delft Blue colors of your kitchen. The wife and I were just talking about remodeling our kitchen in these colors. I really like your dolphin window pane stain glass as well. Good taste.
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Corian not what  gopros are made out of, ifwere then people   can simply take scotch pads of different courses, and Polish out hte blemishes.

Yes the table counters are expensive  and excellent taiste easy to maintain they do Oidize where  you simply Polish  with a wax.   The Table is quite expensive came from   above Pittsbuge a Palce in Canada, Mail ordered  Delivered, with a  sheet that goes in the Middle, chairs are sold separatly.  its a  Navy blue chair with traces of purple. 

the Dolphan stain glass came From Mexico. teuanna, Remembering the fountain and dirt road (1960's) , last time I was there no paved roads, back  in the 90's we got that. walked in the alley way down this path  through vaious in and outs to some shop in the back.  Super friendly people, pick  one.  Mom picked it out asked my Opinion if 40.00 was worth the  price as we negotiated it, and Picked up one of Fish &  shark type for the front  for 80.00.  Oh I got ripped off at  the prices big time NO I saved BIG TIME .  Did I mention  how I got them home    on the seat of the airplane the other carefully wrapped in the Pilots **bleep**-pit pit area. (dam  gopro edite cockpit bleep***

contact  a company for a sample 2 in by 2 in  piece.

Nothing is ever offtopic.   thank you for asking and we Learn a lot on here. I still  chaulk over heating up to part of the issue of the chip inside the battery. but rather let it go I'll keep  brainwashing  all . its the camera not the user, the camera not the user.  gotto be the User not the camera, must be a user issue, duh I forgot to......

added note this photo was taken from a gopro Hero 7 black  using powerdirector 18 screen grab

Highlighted
Nomad

@fishycomics I nor any of my comrades in Pittsburgh have ever had a shut down yet on our Osmo's, not even one, and most of us record continuously for 1-2 hours (wind/string concerts, plays, reciatals).  We could never make these claims with our GPH5, 6, and 7's.  My last recording with the 7, shut down three times during a recording.  Why?  Who knows.  If I didn't have the wrist remote, I'd never get a single filming job from front to back.  Moreover, my friends usually record in 4K for framing options, while I primarily do 80% 2K and just use more cameras.  Mine is usually mounted atop the XF400 to give me both a wide and close shot at the same time from the same angle, thus not having to rely on more frame to do a 2K zoom.

BTW, how do you like the Rode Go?  I see it on the table.  Work well with the mic plug for the Osmo?  I use Sennheiser G series (only ones approved for our broadcast clients thus far) and I do see that the Go's seem to drop out if you turn your back on the unit.  True?

Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr15 and @fishycomics . . first off the REAL reported GoPro Hero issues number is obviously not 100, its more like 10,000 or a 100,000+ as the complaints I read in here are well over 1,000 and I've read maybe 1-3% of the posts, if even that high.  Moreover, while 100 or 1,000 or even 10,000 may not seem like much to you, it means a whole lot to the people who are having the problem.  When I picked up my latest action camera at Best Buy and asked how the GoPro were of late, the clerk said, "We get a lot of returns here and at Charleston, that's all I know."  For him to say that at one store only, I think it's safe to say that the problem cameras are more than any 100.

My new GPH7 is working not great but ok.  If i could get it to stop shutting off on its' own that would be awesome.  I've tried 4 different miniSD cards and makes no difference.  In fact, most often the unit shuts down right when the camera reaches a file limit and is switching to the file . . AND . . most often that is the very first switch.  In the recording where I made the decision to get the O.A. it shut down 3 times in 40 minutes when I just gave up and the night before it shut down twice in ~15 mins.  I haven't called tech support, hoping there would be yet another new firmware update and that the problem would go away. :-) 

Highlighted
Adventurer

@drdimento    thank you .Love the rode  no wires to play with. Lol   Hate the sound the OA  sound port pushes out, when I say I hate it I mean  I hate having a Mono camera that immitates stereo, the OA  does not record  stereo.

Ask me and I shall explain in a video..

I totally agree with you about more people with issues, but I want to see more people simple post video  of it. 

Example a Person can not shut down the camera its locked because he gave up at 7 seconds single handed fumbling.  thake the time to calmly show  then do what he was doing USer problem I call it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHOVeZRr0-U

I had to remove the battery in order for me to turn it on and off. Anyone having the same issues? Power button and screen doesn't work.