Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: GoPro 8 stops recording on its own

Understood.     gopro did its job. saved the file, shut down cooled off.    to work again.

Hiker

Yes it did. Wonder how I can keep it cool next time? I lowered the frame rate so will see how that goes. 

Hiker

@easyroller54 wrote:

I was recording a lecture and my new gopro8 stopped recording after about 60 minutes without my command to stop . . . Any idea why?

Welcome to the club.  This is kind of a GoPro exclusive . . shutting off without command.  My GoPro (a Hero 5) first did it after 4 secs, I eventually returned it.  My Hero 6 took about a week beforet that began happening, the Hero 7 almost 10 months.

IF you've had it for less than a month, I offer two advices that worked for me (except the last one) and that is, pack it up and return it for an exchange or refund offering it up as defective.  The second option is to contact support but be aware that if you pass your store return date, you will stuck with it and it may be a long road for getting it corrected IF it even will.

Explorer

Not even close to being the same scenario. High resolution recording with battery in camera, no airflow, connected to external charger, recorded an hour before doing EXACTLY what it was designed to do, shut down when it got too hot.

Let's not get into a silly back and forth where you quote back every reply. Sorry to hear that you ended up with issues with the HERO7 Black. However, you have zero experience with HERO8 Black (which I do), and I can assure you, the HERO8 is very stable and an excellent camera. Not only do I know this from personal experience, but also by the incredibly low post from people with issues (not only on this forum, but several others as well).
Hiker

Good idea. I'll do. test today.
Hiker

I'll give it one more try and then do as you suggest.
Hiker

May be silly to you but I am the one dealing with this problem.
Adventurer

brand new camera just released to the market.  that said... 

use a cooling pack , it makes no noise,        but honestly , hit record and happy filming if it over heats again because you did not do that test   tonight and you waited  for the next lecture, that is not our fault..  

happy filming.

Fish