Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro 8 red dot on back screen

hello 

yesterday i just found a red dot in my new gopro 8 back screen,can someone help me what to do,is it normal ,can it be solved ,or should i return it ???

thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro 8 red dot on back screen

Hello, @nandveer. Is the red dot always visible on the screen even when not recording? Or does it appear only when recording at certain settings and resolutions? Have you done any reset or update to the camera?  If you can, please send us a screenshot or a short clip showing what you observed so we can have a closer look. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello
Yes its always there, update , setting, reset all done but still there.
FCFCF490-D769-44E9-9B93-E79CE7FB50EA.png
Highlighted
Hiker

I had dots on my front display screen (The small black and white) which made it impossible to read everything that came up. If you contact technical support they will probably have you send it in for repair. Beware though it took over 3 weeks for me from the time I sent it. If you have something 'urgent' that you will need your camera for within the month I'd be careful. 

All in all I got a new camera and it no longer had the LCD display leak (which is what I believe yours is experiencing). If light shines through the display with nothing to stop it, it leaves small dots or streaks at times. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

see it in the app, if so  warranty it and when you get a new replacement  report back. thing do not work in the same day  unless you got at a brick store, walk in walk out happy.