Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro 8 freezing

Hi,

We bought our GoPro a month ago and it has stopped responding completely. I had filed a complaint (case no. 07994847) and written to your team about the problem, done exactly as I was directed (to install Update manually), but the camera still hasn't worked. It's been 3 days since we had written to you for the second time and requested a call, but we have yet to hear from you. We wrote to you again this morning (Indian Standard Time), and we are met with silence again. WHAT IS THE POINT OF BUYING A NEW PRODUCT IF IT DOESN'T EVEN WORK PROPERLY!
This is bordering negligence on your end. We are very disappointed in your service. We have lost a good few days of work, and have had to suffer losses because of your incompetence and because it was our mistake to have placed our trust in you. Please resolve the issue with this camera ASAP. Best would also be if you refunded us our money!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro 8 freezing

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @yashasvs87. Freezing is an indication of an issue with the camera firmware or the SD cards used. We appreciate you having done the manual firmware update. Which SD card are you using in the camera? The information on the brand, type, and capacity will be helpful. 

We were able to pull up your case and we are checking on it with Support. We see that there were multiple callback attempts on July 12 and today but the agent was not able to reach you. Did you receive any call notification at all? 

Also, at the time that you were with the representative during your first interaction, were you able to perform the manual update while on the phone? 

We hope to hear back from you. If you can, please tag me in your reply so I can be notified right away. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Okay so I'm using a sandisk sd card and it was working fine previously.the manual update I did on my own and not on the phone call but haven't recieved any folow up call after that one and when I did it it blinked for like 20 mins but no progress just black screen :(((((((( :'(((((. @mariustanya, pls help replace this guy or fix it. Cuz I'm losing work out here that is already hard to get in these days :'((((
Highlighted
Hiker

Can you please help me?
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the details that you provided, @yashasvs87.  We have tagged the team handling your case to contact you back and further assist you. Please keep the lines open. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Waited all night last night but still no call....
Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya, please help
Highlighted
Hiker

Why is it taking so long for your team to revert? I've been waiting all day (again, today) to hear from anyone from your team. I do not understand this delay in response. Since you seem to have already identified what the problem could be, the next step forward for resolution shouldn't be that tough or take that long for a corporation's champion product. WILL YOU JUST GET ON THE PHONE WITH US ALREADY, OR EVEN WRITE TO US WITH THE NEXT COURSE OF ACTION?