Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro 8 dead pixels (sensor) at iso 100-400. Three cameras in a row!

They wrote to you that everything is in order, it should be so. Just live with it.It's sarcasm...
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Original https://yadi.sk/i/DSgBSf6MMEDQpA

Edit (Indicating circle) https://yadi.sk/i/h5uf7YGUGcngvQ

There is still a white dot on the left in the upper half, but it is visible to a lesser extent. Iso 100 or 200 I don’t remember exactly.

Highlighted
Adventurer

@activepeak40365 wrote:

Original https://yadi.sk/i/DSgBSf6MMEDQpA

Edit (Indicating circle) https://yadi.sk/i/h5uf7YGUGcngvQ

There is still a white dot on the left in the upper half, but it is visible to a lesser extent. Iso 100 or 200 I don’t remember exactly.

I watched, and do not see the  issue on the actual video, as I grabbed a screen shot. with you covering up the lens.  Since many do not report such issues the problem never gets addressed, and hearing others talk about it. My suggestion  contact gopro, they will warranty the problem, nothing more.

FISH

Highlighted
Hiker

@fishycomics 

You don’t see the blue dot below in the video? Can you make your screen brighter?

I contacted GoPro, but they are silent. Local dealers just return the money and I buy the same.

Highlighted
Adventurer

@danielr15   I need some advice and support (wink):

As I  answered the Topic,  eventually boils down to the  shutter exposure used, that was not even mentioned at the start.  Now we are  talking about video.    You can not set up 30 sec exposure lock and take video, or else it be a total Blur.  So rather me continue to keep asking again.  about

Please write down each exact setting.

VIdeo Mode:

Standard 4K30F Linear

Bitrate High

Shutter 1/96th

Hypersmooth On

EV -.05

Sharpness med

ISO Min 100

ISO Max 400

WhiteBalance Auto

Scenery Low light, indoor Room. Panning and hand held  slow movement.

Untitled.png

@activepeak40365    ( @danielr15  ) You are taking a video, talked about  shutter  using 30 seconds before, now the issue is  as well, the video,  Exactly what mode and settings in the video are you using?  Also Do you think  there is a strong light that is reflecting into the camera by any chance causing a Flair?  If you  are demonstrating during a video and  have a Dead Pixal you call it whatever  you like.  My suggestion is to you:

Turn all off, reset the camera.  Use a tripod, in a  white room and background (whitel balance white sheet)  view the back DPI screen its very low in DPI  see if you have  the spot. if so then take a photo with another camera,  then we can rule out everything else.  if the Deadspot is not there then the next steps can be talked about..

I think if you bring one issue  get the  problem down correctly then the naswer will be quite clear???

FISH

Highlighted
Hiker

@fishycomics 

My topic is about video, I attached links to a video on which the blue dot is clearly visible on a normal monitor with a normal setting. I shoot 4k 60 fps. Settings may vary. In any settings I need, this defect appears.

At the moment, it’s not all the same, GoPro is silent for several days, the number of complaints about dots in the video and photo is huge. I made my conclusions.

Do not buy this product - it is a lottery without a win for your huge money.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Video Mode does not have the issue with the camera, this is the part we disagree on since you may be using timelapse Mode  Nightlapse vid/photo.  If we take the time to  explain and place down our settings  in one post then finding out through a number of posts.  We  then can figure the Problem out.  Not sure what mode you are in, and where your problem lies. because its basically  the camera at fault and not just the one setting you are in.   

Timelapse Mode:

Nightlapse  settings

4K lens Linear

Interval Auto 

Format VIDEO 

Shutter 30S 

Zoom 1X 

Ev N/A

ISO Min 100

ISO Max 1600

Sharpness Med 

Color gopro

the issue you noted on Post 6 relates to this Mode and profile not video Mode only which was dedicated to video and fps not shutter delays that are   photo open exposures.

FISH  nah I wont be @ ing  anyone, lol  but thanks for  the mention

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

@fishycomics 

I’m shooting a video.

4k 60 fps

iso min 100 and a max of 100 to 400
Wide angle

Stabilization is on

Exposure auto 

Sharpness max

Color flat

I didn’t touch everything else...

What you say, I can’t do it anymore, the camera is on diagnostics in the service.