Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro 8 as webcam, white preview screen

[ New ]

Hello,

I have a GoPro 8 and I want to use it as a webcam on Windows 10 for Zoom. I have three notebooks that I'm using and on two laptops the webcam is working. But on my work notebook I do not get the GoPro running as a webcam and I would like to use the GoPro as a webcam during my working day.

What I can see on my working laptop is that inside the webcam app there is a "blue dot" indicating the the GoPro is recognized but the preview screen is white (on the other laptops there is the webcam picture).

The GoPro is on the latest firmware 2.50 and I'm using on all machines the latest webcam beta App v1.0.0.324. My working laptop is running on windows 10 Pro and my private laptops on Windows 10. I have performed all windows updates.

What can I do to get my GoPro running as a webcam?

GoPro

Re: GoPro 8 as webcam, white preview screen

[ New ]

Hi @ansgah77400

Given that the camera works on other computers, this could be just on the computer settings.

Have you tried using a different port?

Try the camera again, this time without the battery.

You may also check GoPro Webcam FAQ and Troubleshooting

Since this is a work computer, you may want to check the admin settings as well.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

thanks for the update!

I tried the camera without Battery and went through the FAQs, but still the same behaviour.

Regardig the admin setting: One of the two laptops where the camera is working is a former working laptop, so I assume the same admin settings. Any hint which setting (beside the data security setting which I checked and disabling the VPN) I can check?

Inside the debug log I see following:

[timestamp] 20210122_165442
[WinMain]
[ObtainAppMutex] CreateMutex
[ObtainAppMutex] CreateMutex GoProWebcam: error, 183

Thanks!

Ansgar

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @ansgah77400

We'll have this shared with the team.

We'll post back for updates.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks!

For your information, the laptop with the issue is a Lenovo Yoga x390. And I updated all Lenovo related drivers.

Tourist

[ New ]

In the meantime I installed the new version of the Webcam app 1.0.0.452 but it did not solve the issue.

Tourist

[ New ]

I installed the latest beta version 1.0.0.483 Beta 9.3 but I still have the same issue.

I alos bought the same laptob privately with a Standard Windows 10, here the GoPro works. So it might not be a hardware issue but linked to Windows 10 Pro or more likely a setting issue. Any Feedback from the technical team?

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ansgah77400

We'll update you through this thread.

Thank you for the additional information.

Thanks!

Ej