Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro 8 Voice command messed up

So, I did record few videos as a try out using voice command on my new GP8. 
When I go to watch those videos on my phone/GoPro app, and while on video "I say GoPro STOP recording", the GoPro which is not close by the phone picks up the "GoPro STOP recording" command from the video and somehow STARTS recording.  So, since its starting to record on STOP command from the video, I guess the GoPro voice commands are bit messed up between START and STOP. Any ideas how to get away with that while I watch videos that I made using voice command? 

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: GoPro 8 Voice command messed up

Turn voice command (or the camera) off while watching the videos. Start and Stop are too close phonetically. The camera hears the command and based on it's current condition, will either start or stop. It's actually pretty impressive that the camera is hearing and reacting to the commands, even though it's not close to the phone.
Highlighted
Tourist

Oh bummer Robot Sad

Highlighted
Adventurer

Been that way, have to be careful of the words used.   even if gopr changes  the   command from gopro stop to stop only  like said it will   catch a simular  or missintered word and takea burst, sto/start etc...