Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro 8 Stopped Working Underwater

[ New ]

Hi there,
I recently went on a sea vacation and decided to shoot some underwater footage with my GoPro 8. Before I went to test it in the shallow water I already watched some videos and read articles about the GoPro 8 ,that It can go without a housing up to 10m. So I took my GoPro with me and went on the beach(Double Checked to see if it's fully closed). I entered the sea ,turned on the GoPro put it on recording and I started recording underwater (In like 1m depth) . After 3 minutes I got it out to see if it's still recording and the screen went with black and white dots, like the TV's that have no signal and turned off. I immediately went back to the beach and removed the battery and the sd card. When i removed the battery I saw that there was already some water inside there, it was wet. So I went back to the Hotel and put it in rice, after 3 days the GoPro is dry now but It wont turn on anymore... Please Help!

Untitled.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro 8 Stopped Working Underwater

[ New ]

Hi @monsterhammer

So long as the camera door is closed, the HERO8 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.
While water damage is usually not covered by the warranty, let our Support Team take a look at what happened. 
You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro 8 Stopped Working Underwater

[ New ]

Hi @monsterhammer

So long as the camera door is closed, the HERO8 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.
While water damage is usually not covered by the warranty, let our Support Team take a look at what happened. 
You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej