Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro 8 Black won't turn on or charge.

My 1 month old GoPro 8 Black won't turn on or charge. I have two batteries and SD cards which I tried swapping but I get nothing out of the camera. Tried pressing the Mode button for 10 seconds and nothing. Also tried pressing Shutter button together with Mode button and nothing. Tried that with all two batteries and two SD cards in just about every combination. It's no different plugged in on charger or not. What can I do next? Thank you. 

GoPro

Re: GoPro 8 Black won't turn on or charge.

Sorry to know that @jfgoprow

Please contact GoPro Customer Support for assistance. 

They can help you with that. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay

Nomad

Try USB only (without battery inside).
Tourist

Quick update. Talked with support and had to ship camera back for warranty. Thanks for all the responses.
Adventurer

just out ofa return Policy, great to hear you got warranty services for the camera,  keep teh site posted. about your experiences

Tourist

I experienced a very similar problem with my Hero 8 after about 6 weeks. However mine would occasionally power up & you had full functionality no problems at all, next time you try to turn it on nothing. Connected to USB power only with no battery or sd card inserted I got the same problem, it would sometimes power up but mostly not. I spoke with Customer Service on 1 of the occasions it did power up & was advised to do a SD format, Firmware update & Reset. No Joy....it has been returned to be assessed for Warranty replacement.