Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro 8 Black not connecting to Windows 10 with USB

[ New ]

Hi,

I just got my first GoPro (8 black) and it's having problems connecting to my Windows 10 computer with USB, it wont show up as a folder under my computer. Windows said it's installed and ready to use and it even shows under settings -> devices:

Gopro8.PNG

Under device manager it shows as:

GoPro2.PNG

The GoPro connects and works fine on my 10 years old windows 7 laptop...

I'm using the USB-cable that came with the gopro, my windows 10 is all updated and the camera says  "USB CONNECTED". Ive tried multiple USB ports. I have downloaded the GoPro QUIK software, but it only says "Connect Your Camera".

This is my first GoPro and it did not come with a pleasant start...

Is there any solution to this problem?

Sightseer

Re: GoPro 8 Black not connecting to Windows 10 with USB

[ New ]

After restarting the GoPro windows shows this:

GoPro3.PNG

Nomad

[ New ]

Seems that if your camera connects to a Windows 7 PC with no issues, then the camera and the USB cable are working just fine.  So either it's a windows 10 issue or your laptop doesn't have the required MTP drivers.

Some people have had success removing and re-installing their USB drivers.  

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Camera-is-Not-Recognized-on-GoPro-App-for-Desktop-Windows/ta-p/395...

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have been having issues as of the past week, also including the newest update to Windows 10 and it will not even respond to the usb, It isn't even recognizing the camera itself on my computer. I literally just updated to the latest Windows 10 and am having issues. So the only way at this point is sending to my iphone over WiFi which takes about 10 min for 3-5 min of footage.to

Or i can go buy an adapter for the micro sd card. and put in through my laptop, I just wish technology worked like it did 10 years ago.   Even the hardware, like GoPro and other tech builders would build supporting the inent and use for the customers, but it seems like they're making money by exploiting these issues and then having the customor er spend money on adapters that may or may not work.