Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro 7 video won't show on SD card in computer

I was on vacation and recorded a lot of videos (using Sandisk extreme plus 128gbs) when I got home I uploaded my videos to my computer. I then noticed that only half of my videos showed on on my computer when I connected my sd card using my sd card adapter. I know I recored the videos and I know they are there since the same amount gbs show as taken space. I would like to know why they are not showing in my computer (Macbook pro) when I connect my SD card. Please help!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro 7 video won't show on SD card in computer

Is your card showing 117GB uses when it's in the PC or when it's in the camera?  If you remove the MP4's from the card but leave the thm, lrv and wave files, the card may incorrectly report that there's more space being used than actually is.

You may also want to check your GoPro app on your phone.  You may have set it up to automatically copy the footage from the camera and delete the footage on the camera, hence some footage may still be on your camera and some may be still on your phone.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

First, it's GB and not gbs.
Next, did you check each folders from your card?
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hello, thanks for the response. Yes, I checked every folder. The weird thing is that it shows about 60% of my videos but nothing else. But it still says that 117 GB is used.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @hj91

Please manually scan your file. 

Probably those file have different time and date format. 

Please let us know. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

What is the format of your videos? H264 or HEVC?
If H264, can you see LRV files?

Highlighted
Sightseer

By manually scan, you mean putting my sd card into an sd card adapter and looking at my videos one by one? I did that but I still can't find them. I even opened each video to watch them. :(
Highlighted
GoPro

Got it @hj91,

May I know if you can see those videos on your camera?

If you have a GoPro App (Mobile) can you please verify if those files are missing on the mobile app as well?

Try to manually check your SD card. 

Check your DCIM folder and there might be sub folders on your DCIM folder. 

Regards,

-Jay

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

About freespace: Again, H264 or HEVC? Is an external Card Reader? Does it appear as Drive or Device?
About missing files: Can you see all files if you watch them from GoPro?