Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro 7 operation is difficult

My new GoPro 7 stopped recording after 1 minute 4 seconds on its first use (but still drained 2 thirds of its newly charged battery). Then kept cutting out at random intervals. The voice command function is useless and the battery life is as bad. Also the touchscreen is unresponsive at times and very hard to use 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro 7 operation is difficult

Hi @alertoasis877

Please proceed with a manual update. See https://gopro.com/en/us/update
Once done, reset the camera to its factory settings. See https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Camera-Settings/ta-p/388279

It is also important that you are using a recommended SD card.
If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Forgive me but why should I have to do a manual update and take it back to its factory settings. It is brand new out of the box. Why would this help? Surely it would just go back to the same settings 

Highlighted
Hiker

Forgive me but why should I have to do a manual update and take it back to its factory settings. It is brand new out of the box. Why would this help? Surely it would just go back to the same settings 

Highlighted
GoPro

@alertoasis877, reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. The same goes for performing a factory reset in the camera. 

Additionally, as also mentioned by aragon1006, make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. Using SD cards that aren't recommended can cause issues like freezing as the card isn't fast enough to write the content, the camera getting hot or battery consumption is higher than normal as the camera stays in an active mode trying to sync to the card. 

Highlighted
Hiker

By your use of the words 'correct any errors with the current software installation' you seem to be saying that my brand new GoPro is faulty? My SD Card is a Sandisk extreme 64 GB V30 A2. Is this not recommended and if not which SD card do you recommend?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @alertoasis877. It's not saying the camera is faulty. There are some instances when firmware updates over the air (such as via GoPro App) are not completed that is why the manual update is recommended. Also, depending on when the camera was shipped out, the one in the package may have been released prior to the latest firmware release so the camera could have an earlier version of the firmware. 

The SD card that you are using is among the recommended ones so we are good with that. Let us know if the suggested manual update and reset will clear the issue. We hope to hear back from you. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello. The reset has partly solved the issue however the voice command function is haphazard and the GoPro is recording in sections