Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro 7 double records video

[ New ]
When i record video and then go to transfer the video onto my desktop. I see 2 videos for each one I recorded. They are identical so there is no splitting. Any reason why it is copying video? I then have to sift through twice the video.
GoPro

Re: GoPro 7 double records video

[ New ]

Hi @dperk15

What SD card are you using?

How are you transferring the files? You may try using an SD adapter to check the files.

If it's still the same, try doing a full format on the SD card. **Make sure to back up any important files before proceeding.

You can also try resetting the camera to its factory settings.

Let us know how it goes.

You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Ok, I am going to try that
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks @dperk15

Feel free to let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

You're getting two video files because you have the camera on hevc + compatability. 

Your camera is saving an h264 and an h265 file of the same video. Some peoples computers or phones are not modern enough to play h265 very well, so they offer a more "compatible" video format.

Hiker

[ New ]
That actually makes sense. I thought it may have been an “operator error” issue. I will try that first.
Hiker

[ New ]

So, yes, I did have H264 and HEVC compression. At least now I understand it!!!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hello Man

Thanks Very Much

I Will try it and Very Thanks For Saring ME Perfect Guide for Solving My Problem

Tourist

[ New ]

wow!

The admins give canned copy paste responses to your problem, showing they either didn't even read your question, or don't know the first thing about their own products.... 

then when I point that out, they edit my post and lock it. 

Pathetic!

The guy said his camera was making two videos, and you blame his SD card again?!?! Every single person with a problem gets the same reply "Oh it must be your SD card!"

Then they mark the SD card comment as the solution. Wow.

Explorer

[ New ]
@mastershake
Probably because your answer is completely wrong. The camera does not make a HEVC and h.264 file when in HEVC+compatibility. What this mode means is that it will utilize h.264 in all modes that it can and only use HEVC in:
4K 60 fps 50 fps
4K (4:3) 30, 24 fps 25 fps
2.7K 120 fps 100 fps
2.7K (4:3) 60 fps 50 fps
1440p 120 fps 100 fps
1080p 240 fps 200 fps
960p 240 fps 200 fps

The other option is to record all resolutions/frame rates in HEVC.
https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hevc

More likely, the OP is transferring over the LRV and mp4 files (both of which will play the same video). Read about LRV files here https://gopro.com/help/articles/question_answer/What-are-thm-and-lrv-files

If this is not the case, then the issue is either with the way the files are being transfered to the device or with the recording medium (SD card).