Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro 7 black camera is not working

[ New ]

Hi,

I bought a gopro hero 7 black last November, I noticed that there were some issue with the power and screen function in March, I checked the Gopro support hub and it seems someone else have similar issue. They suggested to update the gopro to the latest version should solve the problem. And I did so and the problem seems gone. But today the problem happened again. The screen was dark but still has some light on the side and also it was not responding. I clicked and/or hold the power/ mode button for a few seconds, still no responding. 

The attached link is to how the camera not working.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J2Q6zmHHTizydg9b7GFJuT3SBoue-e81/view?usp=sharing

Please help me and thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer

Re: GoPro 7 black camera is not working

[ New ]

Rest the camera takes a good 10 plus seconds  Make sure  you are holding for a good 15 seconds.

The  LCD screen connection can be    not seatedcorrectly,  Do you or did you ever missplace the SD card into the slot?

I suggest to call or chat with a Rep over at your Region and direct them to the Post  they Should Replace the camera

Firmware will not correct hardware.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]
experience the same. my camera was already replaced but the problem re-occurs. using the complaint Samsung SD card
Adventurer

[ New ]

Rest the camera takes a good 10 plus seconds  Make sure  you are holding for a good 15 seconds.

The  LCD screen connection can be    not seatedcorrectly,  Do you or did you ever missplace the SD card into the slot?

I suggest to call or chat with a Rep over at your Region and direct them to the Post  they Should Replace the camera

Firmware will not correct hardware.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @epicdusk64032,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Ensure that the SD card is placed properly onto the SD card compartment, not in the gap between the battery and SD card slot as this can cause such issue as well.

Try removing the SD card. Do you get the same result? If no, please ensure that you're using a recommended SD card for your camera. Check this article to see our list of the most up-to-date GoPro recommended microSD cards.

If reinstalling the firmware update didn't help to resolve the issue this time, please let our Support team know so they can assist you on the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Hiker

[ New ]

What the heck does an SD card and firmware have to do with the failure he's reporting? Does GoPro have ANYONE who offers anything other than "make sure the SD card is from the recommended list" or "manually update the firmware".

He's the real answer, this camera is garbage. Remember these words....you will not receive a camera that will ever work. It is seriously flawed in either design or manufacture. Welcome to the Pissed Off GoPro Customer Club...POGCC

GoPro

[ New ]

To consistently achieve the best results with GoPro cameras it is important to select microSD cards that are known to work well with the model you have, and it is recommended to only purchase these SD cards through official resellers.

We usually advise reinstalling the firmware update of the camera as part of troubleshooting steps since this can help correct any errors with the current software installation. It's been tested and proven that firmware reinstallation has helped resolve issues with the camera on most cases. Other than that, it can also help to further isolate the problem.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi, eligiuszh1

I am using a SanDisk - Extreme PLUS 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card. May i ask that does the replacement camera works better? or still the same?

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi, fishycomics,
Thank you for reply.
I never misplaced the SD card and it happened after i already shoot a few clips of video. I already chat with the Rep. and will arrange a replacement.
Hiker

[ New ]
Hi Ann,
I followed the list of the most up-to-date GoPro recommended microSD cards when I made the purchase. I already contacted the support team.
However, this is not my first gopro and i really want this issue to be fixed.
Thank you for you advise~
Hiker

[ New ]
Hi, @timmarshgopro
I am wondering why does it related to SD card too. Cuz i believed i know how to operate a GoPro. I got a hero 4 black. and there isn't any issue like this one.
May I ask do you happen to encounter that same issue and the replacement remains the same?
Hiker

[ New ]

Initially it looked OK. But recently the same history occured again. I was recording bike trip in timewarp mode. The card was formated, firmware manually loaded, supported SD card, 2 mp4 files were already created correctly (during that ride). Then all of the sudden when I wanted to stop recording the camera did not react to any input - no reaction to any button or touch of the screen. The only possibility was to remove battery. The file corresponding to the most recent recording before the battery removal was not created at all.

This is a serious issue for me since I need to commercially record videos in timewarp mode - and I cannot rely on GoPro 7.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for reaching out to our Support team, @epicdusk64032. Hopefully you'll be back up and running again soon.

There's a well-detailed explanation in this thread that I find helpful understanding why it is essential to use SD cards that are known to work well with GoPro cameras, especially when considering high performance modes.

@eligiuszh1, if the issue is re-occurring even on replacement cameras can also indicate a possible cause related to an environment outside of the camera. Our Support team can help investigate this further with the team in charge. You may reach them by phone or chat.

Hiker

[ New ]
Oh my! I hope you do find another camera that works well for you to film. Funny thing is that I also took out the battery when it happened. But it does not fix the reoccured problem.
Hiker

[ New ]
The reason I said I don't understand why the problem is related to SD card is because I already followed the list of SD cards that are recommended by GoPro. And this is not my first GoPro, and I knew the impacts of different SD cards.