Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro 7 black RTMP livestream issue and bad customer support

[ New ]

So this is my second time I ask you to fix livestream issue.

I bought a gopro only to make RTMP livestreams. 

1. The first problem is when I shortly get into a "blind zone" for internet connection with a weak signal, GoPro knows that it loses internet connection and turns of the livestream. Why? A few seconds later celluar connection will recover. That is how it works on the street. And now I need every time launch livestream again. It is almost impossible to do a full livestream because of that! Please do a fix that GoPro never turns of the RTMP broadcast!

2. Next problem. When I do a RTMP livestream in 480p resolution - the bitrate of the video is 4000kbit/sec and it is too high! I ride my bike with gopro and cover huge distanses and sometimes I have some blind spots for internet signal. The most optimal bitrate is 2 or 2.5 Mbit/s for action livestream. Please do a possibility to choose a bitrate of the RTMP livestream from different values!

3. When you do a RTMP livestream and turn over the gopro - the picture stays upsidedown! Fix it please.

4. On RTMP launching screen in the GoPRO application on iOS RTMP link doesnt remain in memory in the form if once you fill it in the form. It is very inconvinient to write it again and again every time!

5. I want to claim a bad customer support because I made a post describing all these problems long time ago  you and you havent fixed it in 1.6.0 firmware and in 1.7.0 firmware. I want this issues I described above to be fixed otherwise I want a refund for my camera I bought which is not able to provide a normal livestream as a cheap action camera from your competitors can provide.

GoPro 7 black firmware 1.7.0

Best regards, Alex.

Nomad

Re: GoPro 7 black RTMP livestream issue and bad customer support

[ New ]

I think if this is a very urgent issue, you should probably try contacting GoPro directly instead of posting in the forum.  GoPro work hard and diligently to keep their customers happy in the face of extreme diverse and unwarrented upsets and you should probably leave your feedback directly with them so they can improve their software and impliment the fixes you suggested.

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced, @fireyflame20851. We appreciate the suggestions. As mentioned on your other posts regarding these concerns, we've passed this along to the team.

Should there be any changes, you may check them through this link or this article for live streaming details on HERO7 Black.

Tourist

[ New ]

I am totaly agree with fireyflame20851's post. Please go pro give us something we can use efficiently. The live streaming option is great, but we should be able to select higher resolution (e.g 1080p) and set the bitrate as we prefer. Also definetely there should be an auto re-connect feature when the stream disconnects. Additionaly please fix the user settings saving issue. It's really annoying to enter the user information each time before streaming.

Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @torwak

We have shared this to the team in charge.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Software Update Release Information

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006 Thanks! Looking forward to hear new features.

Tourist

[ New ]

Completely agree with everything this user said, indeed it does stream at 4 Mbps only.

One thing I would add to this that I would love to see is the ability to stream using Linear instead of the default wide.

The hero 7 would be an incredible streaming camera if it tried to reconnect without shutting off your stream, every streaming camera I know tries to reconnect except the hero 7.

Also as he says, it wont save your RTMP link on an iphone 8, but will do it np on an android phone.

Would also be really good if we did not need a phone to start a stream.

Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks everyone for feedback in that topic. The more we say about livestream issues and improvements the more probably GoPro team will fix it and make it better.
Tourist

[ New ]

Just wanted to show my support as all the topics i this thread are very vital and i can't belive these things havn't been implemted yet much less not being implmented upon release they are comon features to nearly every device and platform that you can stream on. I hope we get these features soo, as a professional streamer they would be greatly appriciated. 

Hiker

[ New ]
I’m also having RTMP stream issues. When using my phone’s data connection via hotspot, the stream stops completely if I have inadequate cell service for even a brief moment. I’m unable to visually monitor my GoPro’s activity when streaming, and I never know how long it’s going to transmit before stopping. I really hope an update can be designed to allow the stream to continue automatically after a brief signal disruption.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @noblealp23068. Which platform are you trying to stream live on? Do you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed? Try re-establishing the connection between the camera and your phone through the troubleshooting steps detailed here. After it, stream live again following the guidelines detailed in the article Getting Started With Live Streaming. Let us know how it works out. 

Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya wrote:

Hello @noblealp23068. Which platform are you trying to stream live on? Do you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed? Try re-establishing the connection between the camera and your phone through the troubleshooting steps detailed here. After it, stream live again following the guidelines detailed in the article Getting Started With Live Streaming. Let us know how it works out. 

Maybe gopro aren't listening, the stream option at the moment is pretty dire!

The slightest problem with a stream and the gopro completely cancels the stream, it then takes almost a minute to re-establish the stream, just for it probably to happen again.

The LATEST firmware for the gopro is hardly what you would call "latest" it hasn't been updated since January, 7 Months ago...what is it we have to wait for the release of hero 8 before things get fixed?

If you are going to add a feature to a camera, it would be great if it worked as most other streaming software does..do not end stream, carry on until it has reconnected.

Hiker

[ New ]
Don't count on it. Use the hero 6 as your barometer. It seems there is a habit of leaving the flagship out to pasture several months before the next flagship.
Tourist

[ New ]

Any idea if this connection drop issue has been resolved? We stream RTMP on the bike with Hero 7 Black and any slight signal void and we lose connection. We can't reconnect because the camera is on the bike and we are streaming live. 

Happy to pay for support but if anyone knows whether this was fixed or better with Hero 8. 

Thanks. 

Hiker

[ New ]
I used to broadcast on periscope platform via RTMP on my bike. Everything needs to be fixed is described by me in the first post of this topic. I asked GoPro many times to fix this connection failure issue and high bitrate of the video and audio and other bugs but they never listened. A year passed and they didn’t do any fixes. So I was disappointed to the point I made a decision to sell my GoPro 7 this summer and never buy GoPro 8, 9 ... 100500 etc. GoPro 7 was a really great camera for everything but action livestream. And no one from support team here cares about livestreamers. All that GoPro company cares about is profit from users but it doesn’t cares about livestream users issues.
Tourist

[ New ]

I've had my Hero 8 for about a month and have done a few live streams so far i can say i'm way way way happier with the 8's ralability when it comes to conectivity i took a street car (lightrail train) from Seatac Airport to China town in Seattle Washington (50 minutes) witch runs through tunnels and ends up under ground at the end of the ride and it dropped only when I exited the train. Upon reviewing my stream there was some stutter and atifacts at difrent points during the trip witch i found exceptable.

On the Hero 7 i literaly would have had to remove he battery and reconect the stream 10-12 times so i'm very happy. I've been reading forums and from what people say gopro won't fix major issues as they save those for new releases of the hardware so i figure GoPro Hero 10 Black will have all the live streaming issues sorted and hopfully revert back to the old design with the hdmi output and usb built in and away from the battery door.

Also and very sadly you still cannot set your own bitraite for streaming :(  come on Gopo Hero 10 fingers crosed

Hiker

[ New ]

You still haven't added it! I bought GoPro 8 in the hope of a stable broadcast and what I got in the end ... I'm upset.

Hiker

[ New ]

Add these features already! How many more will you ignore us?

Add auto-reconnect when disconnected for live streaming.

Add a custom bitrate for live streaming.

Add a bit rate display to monitor network status during live streaming.

Make it possible to broadcast live without using a smartphone, only a wifi access point.

Add save settings for live streaming to go live without using a smartphone!

Make your app better! I need this for my new GoPro 8 Black.

Hiker

[ New ]

Add these features already! How much more will you ignore us?

- Add auto-reconnect when disconnected for live streaming. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!

- Add a custom bitrate for live streaming (CBR !!!)

- Add a bit rate display to monitor network status during live streaming. (This information can be displayed on the GoPro screens, as well as on the remote control.)

- Make it possible to broadcast live without using a smartphone, only a wifi access point. (Add save settings for live streaming to go live without using a smartphone!)

Hiker

[ New ]

Add these features already! How much more will you ignore us? Take care of your users!

- Add auto-reconnect when disconnected for live streaming. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!

- Add a custom bitrate for live streaming. (CBR !!!)

- Add a bit rate display to monitor network status during live streaming (This information can be displayed on the GoPro screens, as well as on the remote control.)

- Make it possible to broadcast live without using a smartphone, only a wifi access point. (Add save settings for live streaming to go live without using a smartphone! Automatic connection and reconnection in case of loss of Internet connection.)