Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Betreff: GoPro 7 Screen freezes everytime cam is in standby

[ Edited ]

Today i was outside and i still have this Problem ... also used another sd Card today...its mostly if i rotate i have the feeling... Look :

https://youtu.be/k66uTHHOSMs

Hiker

and i tried something more... i don’t Record just have the Screen on , if i Switch stabilisation off no freeze ... if i turn on a make some fast moves left right up down for 20 sec the Screen freeze ... so there is definitely a Problem with this Setting ...
Hiker

Tourist

Re: GoPro 7 Screen freezes everytime cam is in standby

I'm having the same problem. Already updated manually to the latest software and also formatted the sd card. Is there a solution to this?
Hiker

The think is, if that isnt a Hardware Problem it is useless to send it back for repairing .... so maybe other People can reproduce that
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro 7 Screen freezes everytime cam is in standby

Go Pro should provide a solution now that you already replicated the problem on video. Let's hope they get back soon.
Hiker

[ Edited ]

And i found out something more ... tryed 3 Times ... this Happens only in view „ linear „ ! If i set to „Wide“ it doesnt happend ... so GoPro please try the Settings i have here 1080 50 FPS , linear , stabilisation on , protune off ... shake it 20 sec

GoPro

Re: Betreff: GoPro 7 Screen freezes everytime cam is in standby

Appreciate you providing video clips on the issue that you are observing, @dennobundy. I just did a test following the settings you described, as well as the movements shown on the videos but I am not able to replicate the issue. I am using a SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC UHS-II (UHS3 / V30) card. I tested on a couple of HERO7 Black units, with the camera idle and recording and did not get the frozen screen. Tried with both PAL and NTSC formats as well, results are the same.

@rgb3117 , are you observing the frozen screen on the same settings as @dennobundy provided? At this time, it would be best to get in touch with Support so our team can take a closer look.