Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro 7 Hero Black directly connected to monitor - 1 second latency - Is this normal?

[ New ]

Hello,

I connected my GoPro 7 Hero Black directly to a computer monitor using a micro-HDMI to HDMI cable and noticed that the image on the monitor has one second latency. Is that normal?

I tried different resolutions and FPS but still that one second latency.

I will appreciate any comment or suggestion on how to eliminate this latency.

I imaging the camera has to do a lot of processing to transform the captured video to HDMI on H264 but I was expecting a much smaller tatency when connecting directly to the monitor.

Thanks.

Miguel.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro 7 Hero Black directly connected to monitor - 1 second latency - Is this normal?

[ New ]

Hi @miguelg06

Yes there is a delay of about one second

There is a delay with any feed from the GoPro due to the amount of processing the image has to go through first.

We'll have this shared with the team as feedback.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPro 7 Hero Black directly connected to monitor - 1 second latency - Is this normal?

[ New ]

Hi @miguelg06

Yes there is a delay of about one second

There is a delay with any feed from the GoPro due to the amount of processing the image has to go through first.

We'll have this shared with the team as feedback.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I am not complaining here, I just wanted to be sure that this wasn't something happening to my cameras. One second is not bad at all considering how many goodness you manage to pack in such a small camera at so high resolution and quality.

As I say, I just wanted to be sure that that one second is expected.

Thank you.

Miguel.