Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro 7 Black videos won't play on my Smart TV using USB 3 connection

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have recently bought a GoPro 7, and I have been playing with the video features. I have tried then to connect the GoPro 7 to the Smart TV using the USB 3 to watch the videos, but the videos are not even recognized by the TV (they are not shown). Pictures on the other hand can be seen on the TV.  

I have tried to record 1080 and 4K videos, but any of those are recognized. The Smart TV is a Sony Bravia.  I have updated the GoPro 7 to the last update available (september 2018)

Have anybody encountered this problem?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro 7 Black videos won't play on my Smart TV using USB 3 connection

Hello @alvarushajab

At this time, the only way to display GoPro media to an external display is to an HDTV with the use of a microHDMI cable. You can playback you GoPro media on your smart TV through an SD card adapter, or a USB card reader that is compatible with the TV. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @alvarushajab

At this time, the only way to display GoPro media to an external display is to an HDTV with the use of a microHDMI cable. You can playback you GoPro media on your smart TV through an SD card adapter, or a USB card reader that is compatible with the TV. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello @mariustanya 

Thank you for your reply. Understood ;)