Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro 7 Black automatically follow subject from appropriate mount

I have bought a GoPro 7 Black and want to mount it on a stand and have it follow the subject of the video up to 40 m away. I know of some expensive 3rd party devices that offer this. Will the camera automatically follow the subject anyway if set up right and on an appropriate stand?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: GoPro 7 Black automatically follow subject from appropriate mount

The GoPro 7 does not contain any feature that allows automatic tracking of a subject.  You would have to have a 3rd party device that would provide this feature or you would have to use subject tracking in a 3rd party piece of software.  Whether or not the subject could be tracked using a GoPro would depend on the capabilities of the hardware or software in question.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

The GoPro 7 does not contain any feature that allows automatic tracking of a subject.  You would have to have a 3rd party device that would provide this feature or you would have to use subject tracking in a 3rd party piece of software.  Whether or not the subject could be tracked using a GoPro would depend on the capabilities of the hardware or software in question.  

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks. I will keep searching for the right tool