Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

GoPro 7 Black audio records out of sync!

Please inform your customers with an update on the out of sync audio issues with the GoPro 7. As listed 100's of times here, we're all having the same issue with the GoPro7 recording out of sync when an external battery is added. How about some urgency from GoPro managment on the timeline/resolve?!

GoPro

Re: GoPro 7 Black audio records out of sync!

Hi @fireybeach41375

This issue already being worked on by the team in charge.

By any chance, are you also using a mic adapter?

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

Hey Ej: Yes I'm using the GoPro mic adapter. As you're well aware by now the issue happens when you plug an external battery source regardless of whether it's an external GoPro battery, a third-party battery or even directly from the wall outlet… The audio is out of sync… The audio is out of sync when camera, mike adapter and external power source are connected all at once and you push record. Now take the external battery out of the mix and the camera records normally. Sadly the work around is combersom and not something you would expect from a $500 set up. The issue was reported in October 2018 according to your own GoPro support hub. I'm getting the feeling GoPro does not have an answer. Mine will be to return the camera soon if not resolved. Too bad. Signed a once happy customer.

GoPro

[ Edited ]

Thanks @fireybeach41375

Sorry for any troubles caused.

Our team is working on the audio sync issue.

We'll get this post updated on we have additional information.

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

Thanks for responding Ej but the issue here is the delay. Simply saying we'll keep you posted is what's frustrusting your loyal customers. Week after week, month after month. You need to be more specific with resolution and timeline....Or you lose us. Well, me anyway.