Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

GoPro 7 Black - Protune to rec709 GrounControl LUT

[ New ]

Hi,

I've shot my footage to Protune and now I want to do some color grading, so I'm using free LUT from GroundControl to convert to Rec709.
I'm using Premiere Pro CC 2018, and after I've applied LUT on my test footage the colors and overall appearance look oversaturated and unreal. Do you have any idea what is wrong, should I set something in Premiere before I apply the LUT?

Thanks,
Ondrej

raw_footage.jpg

footage_with_lut.jpg

Nomad

Re: GoPro 7 Black - Protune to rec709 GrounControl LUT

[ New ]

Since this issue is related to an LUT and Premier Pro, I would suggest you post this problem on an Adobe forum to receive the best advice since your issue is not related to anything to do with a gopro camera.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi
I do not know if you have found a solution to your problem but I saw this subject too late. the worry comes from the setting of the LUT and not the software.

When using "Color Lumetri", apply the LUT in the "Creative" tab. If you apply it in "Basic correction", you will not be able to adjust the intensity of the LUT.
I advise you to set the intensity between 50% to 75% (depending on the light of your video).
Do not hesitate to modify the exposure if it is necessary.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

thanks for your reply, now I'm applying the LUT in the Creative tab and the result is much better Smiley Happy