Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GoPro 7 - Audio Input - N/A for external mics.

[ New ]
So I got the GoPro 7 about 6months back. I was using it with my external mics - Rode and Boya. And it was working fine no issues. I used it primarily for vlogging so the external mic is a must.

Now all of sudden, no matter how much I try, I always get the Audio Input as N/A with the external mics plugged in.

I have tried the following:
1. Turning on the Camera via the mode switch only.
2. Turning off quick capture.
3. Using different mics.
4. Using different external mic adapters
5. Charging and USB via the external mic USB-C port works fine.
6. Factory Resetting the GoPro

I've tried calling the customer care here in India but the numbers just won't connect.

This is my primary camera that I use for my work projects. Please help me out soon. Kinda literally helpless without the external mic.

Thanks in advance. Hoping for a fix
GoPro

Re: GoPro 7 - Audio Input - N/A for external mics.

[ New ]

Hi @notnewnaveen

Do you remember any changes made that may have caused this?

Have you tried running a manual update? https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

To isolate the issue further, is it possible to test the adapter with a different camera?

Should you need to contact our Support Team, it is best to call the number from a landline.

You may also initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I got the exactly the same situation. I used external mic very good with Hero7, suddenly one day down, I tried connect my adapter back to my old hero 6, it works.

No idea what's going on Hero 7, I tried to reinstall the firmware many times, no use.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Do you know of anyone with  one of the following gopro's :

Hero 5 Session, hero 5 black, hero 6 black and a Hero 7 black? 

So you can test out, or a Store that has one on Display to test the adapter?

Since you said the adapter  was used to charge and works, just hte mic Audio is n/a, can you  use a magnifyer or a cxamera with a Macro lens to capture the pins they will be a little offset on each side.  Camera and adapter side?

Do you think the pins are oxidized, that they  need cleaning, have you also  in the audio imput/outout,  remvoign the  shaft out  ever so slightly to see if a change   in teh connection enables it?

a different issue I had My  recognition to the laptop  no longer worked. why it stopped working? the Camera's serial number and gopro name vanished. I did not a single thing .  So what goes through my mind. Why do other adapters  that are on the market do not work with a gopro jero 5 and up, "Password Protection"  GoPro  adaptor could have failed, or the cameras firmware.  How would you know?

So do you think  you will return your promic adapter and or camera. I start off wit the promic adapter.

Firmware can give at any unexpected time and a reflash may not and did not work for me on my serial number, because how can a firmware hold over a million numbers?  Lol.

reflashing may not be the answer, if asked.

Tourist

[ New ]

I lost the patient to Gopro, actually I bought a new gopro adapter to test. It's not work.

Btw, that is not the first problem on Gopro hero 7. First thing is always freezes with no alert, I read all the post, and turn off the low light option to let the camera work again, now is the mic's problem.

If the mic's problem is related to the oxided of the connector, how could we accept this quality? Gopro is the world wide brand, and let this happen.

We are just a consumer, use it to take the footage only, not a tester to help them to test the unfinish product.

So, I quit, and will not buy any gopro product in the future. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

so  another adapter did not work,  and the firmware did not correct, the only option now is to call gopro get a new camera?  since you made your mind up about Gopro. what other options are there?

Adventurer

[ New ]

call gopro get the camera  checked out.

Tourist

[ New ]
Mine too ! The Audio Input/Output is not detecting a mic and I cannot change the settings ?