Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro 6 won't turn on, won't charge, gets f**** hot

Hey folks, I've seen a few threads around the above.

My Hero 6 hasn't been used in about two months. I went to turn it on and it was dead. No problem, I thought, battery's gone flat.

Plugged in the USB charger, no red light. So I left it plugged in for about 20 minutes and it was so hot I could barely hold it.

Tried another battery, same thing.

It's completely bricked. And GoPro live chat is a joke - there's nobody there. I just get "Hand on while we connect you to an agent" for ever.

Has anybody has this problem and managed to solve it without returning it? I'm considering asking for a refund rather than a replacement, no confidence that a replacement won't do exactly the same thing, but this time outside of warranty. It seems from t'internet that this is an endemic flaw with the Hero 6 unit.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro 6 won't turn on, won't charge, gets f**** hot

Hello @wanstronian,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your camera. If the camera is determined to be faulty, our Support team will be able to help you best. A replacement camera will be issued under warranty policy. If you got the camera from GoPro directly a refund can be requested only if purchase was made within the last 30 days. If you purchased it from others (retailers, resellers), you can check directly with them as to the possibility of a refund. 

The phone and chat support has a window for hours of operation. The information can be accessed here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and below: 

Sunday No Hours

Monday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Tuesday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Wednesday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Thursday 24 Hours

Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Saturday No Hours

(GMT+01:00) Western European Summer Time (Europe/Lisbon)

Best regards,  
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro 6 won't turn on, won't charge, gets f**** hot

Hello @wanstronian,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your camera. If the camera is determined to be faulty, our Support team will be able to help you best. A replacement camera will be issued under warranty policy. If you got the camera from GoPro directly a refund can be requested only if purchase was made within the last 30 days. If you purchased it from others (retailers, resellers), you can check directly with them as to the possibility of a refund. 

The phone and chat support has a window for hours of operation. The information can be accessed here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and below: 

Sunday No Hours

Monday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Tuesday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Wednesday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Thursday 24 Hours

Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Saturday No Hours

(GMT+01:00) Western European Summer Time (Europe/Lisbon)

Best regards,  
Marius