Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

GoPro 6 in cold water

Hi all,

I am planning to take my GoPro 6 to a dive in Norway next January. As water will be around 5 degrees Celsius, is there anything I need to have in mind/note when using the camera without Super Suit housing?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro 6 in cold water

Thanks Jay. Will the fogging occur also when no supersuit is being used? Because I thought that fogging might only occur when a housing is used in cold environment.

Best

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @einzwei

Yup, Fogging might still occur but it will be reduced compared when it is on casing. 

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @einzwei

It would be best to get a supersuit for extra protection. 

By the way GoPro HERO6 is waterproof out of the box. 

The only thing you have to consider is the perfomance of the camera on cold weather. 

The battery won't last longer on that kind of situation it would be best to get a spare battery. 

Also fogging might occur during long recording or standby time since the temperature outiside is cold and the camera heats up while on use. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Jay. Will the fogging occur also when no supersuit is being used? Because I thought that fogging might only occur when a housing is used in cold environment.

Best
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @einzwei

Yup, Fogging might still occur but it will be reduced compared when it is on casing. 

-Jay