Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

GoPro 5 won't upload to GoPro Plus Cloud

[ New ]

Does anyone know how to get the Hero 5 to upload to the cloud for GoPro Plus? I have plugged the GoPro into a power outlet in order for it to upload the content to GoPro Plus, but it will only upload photos. 

GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro 5 won't upload to GoPro Plus Cloud

[ New ]

@Anonymous - Please check out the how to on this at https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/Auto-Uploading-Your-Footage-to-the-Cloud-With-GoPro-Plus. If you still have issues with it, please let us know.

Thanks,

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

My footage is uploading sporadically from the camera. On my computer it uploads fine, since updating the Capture App yesterday my upload for very small file just spins and stalls on 1/73. I included a screen capture of the camera. I am on 50 up / 300 down internet, lets say 1/2 that even on wireless. I let the Go Pro Here 5 Black sit for three hours today charged with more than enough required space on it. Any thoughts ? 

FullSizeRender.jpg
Anonymous

[ New ]
What my friend and I found was that a factory reset of the device fixed the problem, I know it's not ideal but I think it just needs that reboot. Hope this helps
Anonymous

[ New ]
Thank you I will give that a go
Anonymous

[ New ]
I am having the same problem. I was able to get an upload done a few weeks ago but, nine since. It has been fully charged and no upload started. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous

[ New ]
I'm still having the same problem and I'm coming to realize a lot of go pros advertised perks actually just don't work. I can easily do this with cloud drive just not as convienent as go pros system. I talked myself into and out of a Karma drone in a week.
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@Anonymous - It can take a while to upload, depending on the wifi signal's bandwidth. If you're still having issues with it, our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus will be glad to help troubleshoot the issues with you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

I had the same issue. When I plugged my camera into the supercharger, the camera was turned on. I turned off the camera, re plugged it in when the camera was turned off, reconnected my phone to my wifi, then connected phone to camera Bluetooth, and it started up. Worked both times I have done it this way. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

[ New ]

On the Capture App my videos take forever to load. 

On the Quick Desk Top App the videos will not load at all. If I try drag and drop, ADD or even choose file options. 

I have tried one video at a time but the first one will not even load. I have also tried to load the whole file. 

Backpacker

[ New ]

I also had issues with the service, I could upload without problem from my H5B, Session 5 and my desktop from quik. On capture and quik on iPhone 6s and iPad Air 2 no files ever displayed on the desktop they did. 

I went back back and forward with support for 3 weeks until they gave up on me and I then cancelled the broken service.

i tried everything to make it work but it just never did like all the new GoPro products.

Anonymous

[ New ]
12 hours into the upload--nothing. Very buggy, not consumer ready. The camera is sitting on the router plugged in. Why advertise something that clearly doesn't work?
Anonymous

[ New ]

I talked to GoPro support today and he told me to try a different browser. I was using Safari. Tech support suggest Chrome so I did but still having issues. It appears to have completed the upload and the blue bar goes all the way to the right but it gets stuck there.

P.S. This is on a Mac

Anonymous

[ New ]
I really love Go Pro but they need to stick to what they know. The cloud is a fail , I had it for three months before cancelling it. Blaming safari is technically what I'd expect from someone that doesn't know what they are talking about. Quick Key same deal , crap.i don't mean to bash GO PRO the cameras rock and that's what matters !
Anonymous

[ New ]

WTH are you talking about me blaming Safari? I was just giving info on the browser I was using. Chrome failed too. Stop being so condescending.

Anonymous

[ New ]

WTH are you talking about me blaming Safari? I was just giving info on the browser I was using. Chrome failed too. Stop being so condescending.

Anonymous

[ New ]
not talking about YOU I was speaking about Go Pro telling you to try another browser dude. That was a dumb thing for THEM to say to you.
Anonymous

[ New ]

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The GoPro tech support didn't seem to know what to tell me.

Anonymous

[ New ]
yeah man it's not you they didn't know what to tell you because it's really not a great service. I def wouldn't blame you glad we clarified , I gave up on it. Being a mac user use your icloud drive if you have the space it's awesome and for 99cents a month you get 50 gig .
Anonymous

[ New ]

I may give Flickr a try!

Anonymous

[ New ]

I'm having the same problem. The first 2 uploads worked well, then nothing. I get upload error 502 " unplug, turn off, and try again". Ive done the factory reset 3 times, removed and downloaded the Capture app again, there is space on the SD card and the camera is fully charged. 

Anonymous

[ New ]
Having the same issue. Just perpetually uploading 1/denominator...... so frustrating
Anonymous

[ New ]

Hello!

I have the same problem. Trying to auto upload via GoPro app and as you can see attached it connects, but doesn't upload. I believe USB charger is not an issue here, but really have no clue what else can be wrong. 

Thanks for help. 

IMG_26431.jpg
Anonymous

[ New ]
Keeping things fair I gave the service ago again a few weeks ago and it's working now flawlessly last few weeks.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ New ]
I’m having the same problem have you found a solution since ?
Anonymous

[ New ]

My issue ended up being my charger. It requires a quick charger with a stronger amperage. I havent had an issue since changing over to a quick charger over a standard wall charger.

Anonymous

[ New ]

I have the same and other problems with automatic upload with a Hero 6 black

i noticed that:

- if the camera is working (time lapse), it doesn't upload. You have to stop recording and then manually upload

- everytime you shutdown the camera you have to set everything again (wifi connection, device connection and cloud settings)

- you need to reset the app, connection, mobile device, everytime you have a problem

- switching from app to wifi net the mobile device several times, crashes the mobile device (an afternoon without data connection on my mobile...)

- I cannot find the way to control the camera from cloud and I cannot download the contents from cloud (I can  only see and "share"...it means you can share a link to see it)

More: i'm testing the cloud because i have my camera on a mountain (3000m high and 500km away!), but actually I had all the problems above with the camera few meters from me...I'm guessing how I can just see if there are some problems on the camera far away, according to the fact that i shoul stop recording and manually click on the right option...

I hope someone can help me, please!

Sightseer

[ New ]

I just got the trial and im glad it is just that! The cloud option, which is the reason i got plus, doesnt work! I have tried 2 different browsers and wasted 5 hours of my life trying to download 5 videos. The first one worked took like 45 mins for a 4 min video in 1080p but it worked not one after that... they get to the end and freeze! You know, you spend $500 on a camera the last thing u want to be having trouble with is the SOFTWARE????? I mean come on.... im using my phones icloud account... Dont even get me started on my hero 5 first time going out froze 5 times in 3 hours.... THANKS FOR NOTHING GO PRO TEAM... way to go! How do you go to a 5 star camera to a 1 star ... barely.. and thats for the looks of the videos i am able to watch when it works.